Gibson Brands Forums

"Scene Metal" WTF????!!!???

MojoRedFoot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't play them (well) but I spent a lot of time as a live sound and studio engineer getting good sounds out of drum kits so I do know a bit more about getting good sounds than the average musician. The only possible argument I would concede to in regard to using two kick drums instead of one is tuning them to different pitches and that would be a very valid argument. But, if a drummer tunes his kick drums to the same pitch, he's hauling around more drums than he needs.

I had to give it at least one more chance.

I did the same thing, sort of masochistic, but really open minded of us?

I love my Pantera and Sepultura...I'll stoop to cheesy hair metal because at least the showgirls knew how to play their instruments. Can't stomach the emo, "whoo!" moment. Is that what axe was pointing out at 1:2X?

No Izzy' date=' that's about all I could stand.

I try to keep an open mind and ear with all music.

This time, mind and ear shut down at 1:29.[/quote']

lmao, and to think I paused it then to see what you were pointing out. Such nub-ness xD

Hey, you made it farther than me the first time round [laugh]

You get open mind certificate too, my man!

Much as we think this sucks -- and it does -- there are plenty of kids who are gonna love this sh*t.

And you know what? If we older guys liked it, it probably wouldn't be good rock and roll to those kids. "Back in the day," older people thought that Crue, KISS, Priest, Ratt, Maiden and etc. sucked and that made me like them all the more.

So, what do we old f'ers know?

Rich CI...

You wrote:

And you know what? If we older guys liked it, it probably wouldn't be good rock and roll to those kids. "Back in the day," older people thought that Crue, KISS, Priest, Ratt, Maiden and etc. sucked and that made me like them all the more.

So, what do we old f'ers know?

Like, who's Crue?

<chortle>

Jeeze, if you're an old f'er, I guess I'm planted more firmly under an Acacia tree than you are. <bigger chortle>

BTW, I did listen to the piece. I've heard a lot worse. The vid was a bit silly in ways, but I can figure why there's no lede guitar because I doubt I could even play chords holding one of mine at knee level. As for the lyric, I couldn't understand one word of it, literally.

m

I recently learned the term "scene kids." They seem to wear tight jeans, nail polish, half assed haircuts and eat very little. Call it what you want, they're EMO. Odd bunch and this is what they listen to. I will give you all props for listening to that song more than once. I honestly got through 40 seconds and puked up 2 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. Well, everyone seems to be as puzzled as me. I'm sorry to subject you all to that. [crying]

Hey...

I almost feel guilty about saying this as the old guy in the bunch but...

Seriously, it ain't really that bad. It's nothing I'd care to listen to but yeah, I made it entirely through.

The only thing I really wondered about <grin> is whether the girl really is one. A not-always-recognized secondary sexual characteristic is males have index fingers rather shorter than their ring fingers and females normally have their index finger the same length or longer than their ring fingers. That's why the ladies have generally more difficulty in making a good fist, btw.

Anyway, the girl in this appeared in one of the final scenes to have a significantly shorter index finger than ring finger. Yeah, you can mess with your hands to change the angles, but usually that makes the difference more obvious.

As you can see, the music didn't really intrigue me. <chortle> But I've heard lots, lots worse.

m

Hey...

I almost feel guilty about saying this as the old guy in the bunch but...

Seriously' date=' it ain't really that bad. It's nothing I'd care to listen to but yeah, I made it entirely through.

The only thing I really wondered about <grin> is whether the girl really is one. A not-always-recognized secondary sexual characteristic is males have index fingers rather shorter than their ring fingers and females normally have their index finger the same length or longer than their ring fingers. That's why the ladies have generally more difficulty in making a good fist, btw.

Anyway, the girl in this appeared in one of the final scenes to have a significantly shorter index finger than ring finger. Yeah, you can mess with your hands to change the angles, but usually that makes the difference more obvious.

As you can see, the music didn't really intrigue me. <chortle> But I've heard lots, lots worse.

m

[/quote']

OK, fess up! How many of you guys looked at the length of your fingers?

My index and ring fingers are of equal length on each hand. Sweetie! lips_smilie.gif

OK' date=' fess up! How many of you guys looked at the length of your fingers?

My index and ring fingers are of equal length on each hand. Sweetie! [img']http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/images/smiles/lips_smilie.gif[/img]

Not yet...........

Ok, just now. My ring fingers are about 2-3 pubic hairs longer than my index fingers.

Cruzn...

Depends on how the hand is placed - but believe me, there's a major diff. Ever notice when women make a fist, unless they started kick-punch martial arts in childhood, and I've known somewhat more than a few such, their index finger sticks out a bit in front of the other fingers because it won't quite curl with the others.

That's why I normally trained women, especially, to break boards and <chuckle> stuff with hand techniques other than with a "punch." That's also a good idea for males striking hard surfaces bare handed - don't forget "boxing gloves" were invented not to protect the target so much as the hands of the striker. <grin>

OTOH, it normally for some reason was much easier to teach women to pull the toes back to get a kick with the ball of the foot - or to sit in a traditional seiza posture for various sorts of training.

m

Archived