Gibson Brands Forums

I'm such a fanatic.

Andre S

A Gibson fanatic that is. Die hard Gibson fan.

They could get the lowest rating of companies, but I will always love Gibson Guitar Corporation.

I don't know why.

I've played a few other top brands in England, they are good, but to me Gibsons are always better. I don't mind owning other brands, heck a guitar is a guitar, but Gibson rules!

Merry Christmas Yall!

My first good guitar was a '61 Melody Maker. I still own it.

My second good guitar was a '72 Les Paul Recording. I miss it. Much.

I've owned and gigged a few Fenders, but never fell in love with them. I've played some PRS's but couldn't bond.

I played every Martin I could get my hands on when I wanted a good acoustic. The J45 wins.....

I hear ya, man.......

Yep, I have a Martin acoustic, while it sounds great and all, I always think, know that a Gibson Acoustic like the SJ 200, (my favourite) will always sound better.

I was in no position to spend over 2-3 grand for a guitar, so I picked an American made Martin, over a Canadian Gibson.

I will own a Gibson acoustic one day..

The day to own a semi hollow Gibson or a Traditional LP is coming a lot closer and faster though [crying]

Okay, here's my age coming out...

I think it's more design than necessarily build quality. There have been mostly good builds, but sometimes not so good, as far as I can see - especially in the 1970s. What the heck, that gave Ibanez its start even though they had the "patent infringement" lawsuit going against it and Gibson won simply because of the "lookalikes" that still said "Ibanez" - great quality at a great price for the time.

But design? I dunno, but the guitars that trip my trigger all are either Gibson or so close to Gibson specs that it's ridiculous to think otherwise.

I hate to say this, but I do sometimes wonder if it isn't more difficult for Gibson to maintain quality given that they've got more than just a couple of boards to worry about on most of their guitars compared to some companies that basically get boards and put frets and electronics on them. Yeah, good boards, but... a lot different game there.

Bluemoon... Yup... there's something about the Gibson designs that make you wanna play. I dunno. I've also discovered I'm not the only one who wouldn't get another kinda guitar unless it had a Gibson neck. <grin>

m

Count me in. There is no competition. The best mass-produced electric guitars on the planet.

Perhaps someday I'll buy a couple of other brands. But it will be only for variety. And I will always own more gibbies than any other brand.

Les Paul

SG

Flying V

Explorer

Firebird

and the others are still copying these designs...

Archived