Gibson Brands Forums

I'm giving up.

Shnate McDuanus

fro when i started playing i always wanted to sound like angus young.... i wanted to play a whole lotta rosie note for note just like he did...

well its been a few years and ermmm.... i dont sound like angus young.... i sound like me (whether thats a good thing...thats debatable hehe)

keep at it pal

i think my sigature says what you need to know .....>>>

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say take one or two weeks off from playing. I wouldn't get frustrated just yet, you've only be playing a year. I started when I was 7 and I'm 38 now. Keep in mind though, I would take breaks all the time. Nothing wrong with that. I've never sounded like any of my guitar heroes and I really don't care to.

I don't sound like

1-Slash

2 James Hetfield

3-SRV

4 B.B King

5- Steve Vai

I sound like me

I guess your in it for the wrong reason if you just want to sound like someone else. [-X

I'm in it for the groupies and the stereotyping that all electric players are high 90% of the time.

Is that the right reason?

Oh and of course' date= when I'm famous, I can get cheaper Gibsons.

[biggrin][biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

I'm in it for the groupies and the stereotyping that all electric players are high 90% of the time.

Is that the right reason?

Oh and of course' date=' when I'm famous, I can get cheaper Gibsons.

[biggrin[biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

you hit the nail on the head with that one haha

OK everyone, when I said "play like Rory Gallagher," I guess I meant "play so that I enjoy my playing as much as I enjoy his" or something along those lines. Not necessarily to play everything he did note for note.

I guess all I'm saying is that I'm not satisfied with what I'm doing, and while I enjoy playing for the most part, I often get frustrated because I can't get it to sound how I'd like it to sound, and that just about everything is beyond my reach, and that I can't imagine myself improving. Don't take the Rory Gallagher thing as the main point of my topic, because it's not. I could've put the name of any other guitarist I enjoy there and it would've meant the same thing to me--I guess I ought to choose my words more carefully.

I'm simply so bad that instead of being encouraged to try harder, I'm just discouraged to even keep going. Things seem promising for a while, but then one realizes his limitations.

OK everyone' date=' when I said "play like Rory Gallagher," I guess I meant "play so that I enjoy my playing as much as I enjoy his" or something along those lines. Not necessarily to play everything he did note for note.

I guess all I'm saying is that I'm not satisfied with what I'm doing, and while I enjoy playing for the most part, I often get frustrated because I can't get it to sound how I'd like it to sound, and that just about everything is beyond my reach, and that I can't imagine myself improving. Don't take the Rory Gallagher thing as the main point of my topic, because it's not. I could've put the name of any other guitarist I enjoy there and it would've meant the same thing to me--I guess I ought to choose my words more carefully.

I'm simply so bad that instead of being encouraged to try harder, I'm just discouraged to even keep going. Things seem promising for a while, but then one realizes his limitations.[/quote']

my sig....>>> read it

first off man, the day I sound exactly the way I want to is the day I'm content with my life. Seondly (about yer sig) you're a nice guy and I fail to see any of these so called "behavioral problems".

A year? It took me more than 5 to actually learn some songs. Then it took me 5 more to learn the right songs. Then it took me 10 more to realize I wasn't playing them correctly and to actually start listening and playing correctly and with feeling.

You shouldn't quit... but if you do, don't come back, this is a guitar forum [biggrin]

OK everyone' date=' when I said "play like Rory Gallagher," I guess I meant "play so that I enjoy my playing as much as I enjoy his" or something along those lines. Not necessarily to play everything he did note for note.

I'm simply so bad that instead of being encouraged to try harder, I'm just discouraged to even keep going. Things seem promising for a while, but then one realizes his limitations.[/quote']

Things that come easy are ussally not appreciated or enjoyed. Unless we are talking about women of course ,but we are not. So keep at it! and by overcoming the will to quit you will be rewarded.

Archived