Gibson Brands Forums

Check this out!!! What guitar is that?

albatross5791

I like the groove of the song myself, and how it's presented.

The lady has a very good voice, and the band lays it down right in the pocket... I like how the drummer places the snare just a tad behind the beat to give it that slight stutter feel.....

They're a very good band[cool]

Wow' date=' you guys are so cool!! It must be so awesome to sit on your computer all day and berate other musicians rather than actually helping people. I bet you are so awesome at guitar!!! Congrats!!! Tell me when YOUR album comes out...[/quote']

Honestly, I'm not very good on guitar... but I know a kicka$$ scarf when I see one!

Everybody has opinions, bro. Are they berating good musicians or are you just praising bad ones?

She's a pretty alright singer, I thought. I think the songwriting is plainly terrible, to be honest with you--derivative, predictable and sappy in the worst possible way. I rolled my eyes a lot. The instrumentation was interesting, to say the least. I hated it, personally, but I could see why someone would like it, if they were into this kind of stuff.

Looked almost like a J-185 to me, except with no pick guard.

Oh, and just to be clear here, I thought the scarf was a little tacky.

I'd be real careful there' date=' you have no idea who we are as we don't with you. To me it appeared to be loads of self promoting due to the guitar coming in way sooner; nothing wrong with that. Many here have loads of experience and cut our teeth long time ago possibly before you were born (assuming your the guitar player which I am thinking you are) so before you get all critical on us; remember you asked.

We replied[/quote']

I think we should make a little effort to welcome noobs, and be a little careful ourselves. There was nothing in the persons opening post that should have been cause for such callus responses.

I'm going to delete some post and lock this thread. In the future I hope that most will welcome noobs like a civilized person would.

I would personally like to apologize to the thread starter for our behavior, and if you have any questions please feel free to contact any of the forum leadership.

Archived