Gibson Brands Forums

Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?

daveinspain

When I have the time I mess with some diff coffees like "Cruzn..." Most of the time a medium dark. If I'm grindin' at home, usually it will be pretty much an espresso grind, but made "normally" in the Bunn.

Normally I'll go through 3-4 12-cup pots a day. There's a Bunn commercial coffee maker at the house. Most of my daytime coffee is in the office. The coffee maker is next to my desk. Most restaurant coffee is awfully watery.

Some folks don't care for my coffee 'cuz - and I'm not kidding - they claim they can't drink it without a knife and fork.

One good thing about liking firearms and having access to them? "Six Shooter Coffee." If you drop a small revolver into the pot and it sinks, you've gotta use more coffee grounds. Therefore, I recommend stainless steel revolvers.

Also, I don't really understand the "gee I get wired" thing with coffee.

I liked a lotta coffee I got in Brazil, but the folks there couldn't understand my complaints that I wanted bigger cups to drink more of it. It was a little weak, but tasted fine.

I'll do tea with Asian food, and that's about it.

m

EDIT: oh I guess there is one more thing that comes into making good coffee - how it is ground. A burr grinder will produce a more consistant size and shape of ground coffee thus maximizing how much and how well water flows thru. END EDIT HERE.

Excellent point on the burr grinder, although the best reason to use is a burr grinder is because those with a blade create friction and heat as the blade spins and chops the beans. In little to no time you have a hot blade scalding your precious beans. Not good unless like crappy tasting coffee.

I went to Seattle not thinking about the coffee. I was there to board my cruise to Alaska, so I was just thinking, "this city is pretty," looking out the window before bed. I woke up and ordered coffee as usual at the hotel restaurant and OMFG, most incredible coffee ever ever ever. I don't like fru fru caramel mocha stuff. Cream and no sugar, we're good to go.

Yeah, that Seattle rumor is true.

Here in Texas, I like Dunkin'. I buy the dry stuff to brew at home.

I went to Seattle not thinking about the coffee. I was there to board my cruise to Alaska' date=' so I was just thinking, "this city is pretty," looking out the window before bed. I woke up and ordered coffee as usual at the hotel restaurant and OMFG, most incredible coffee ever ever ever. I don't like fru fru caramel mocha stuff. Cream and no sugar, we're good to go.

Yeah, that Seattle rumor is true.

Here in Texas, I like Dunkin'. I buy the dry stuff to brew at home.[/quote']

Izzy, why on earth would you want to go on a cruise to Alaska? I never understood people who go on cruises to places with snow and ice. Yeah sure, you might see some polar bears and sea lions, but the whole snow-and-ice thing? And to pay good money to see snow and ice???? [lol]

Anyway, every Tuesday morning I treat myself to a Grande Soy Caramel Machiatto Decaf at Starbucks...... yum! I can't handle caffeine anymore and I don't know why because I used to drink 6 cups a day without batting an eye.

Also, isn't Timmy's owned by the States now? It seems to me Timmy's and Wendy's were both sold to US companies a few years back?

Izzy' date=' why on earth would you want to go on a cruise to Alaska? I never understood people who go on cruises to places with snow and ice. Yeah sure, you might see some polar bears and sea lions, but the whole snow-and-ice thing? And to pay good money to see snow and ice???? [blink']

Anyway, every Tuesday morning I treat myself to a Grande Soy Caramel Machiatto Decaf at Starbucks...... yum! I can't handle caffeine anymore and I don't know why because I used to drink 6 cups a day without batting an eye.

Also, isn't Timmy's owned by the States now? It seems to me Timmy's and Wendy's were both sold to US companies a few years back?

I did a cruise to Alaska from Seattle back in June 2008...it was awesome! You pay for the cruise ship and the views on that type of trip. You're not lying on any beaches but you do get to experience some cool culture and see some breathtaking views. The ships are really cool too...its like its own little city....I think it had more stuff than most of the Alaskan towns we visited...but i got to visit sled dogs, so that was worth it!

And Timmy's...could be they were sold...I don't really know...nothing's changed though and the coffee is tasty! [biggrin]

Izzy' date=' why on earth would you want to go on a cruise to Alaska? I never understood people who go on cruises to places with snow and ice. Yeah sure, you might see some polar bears and sea lions, but the whole snow-and-ice thing? And to pay good money to see snow and ice???? [blink']

I lived in Alaska for 3 years (compliments of the US Air Force) and we took the ferry back to the lower 48. It was beautiful seeing the mountains and critters. We also got to stop in a few towns. I bet on a cruise it is more of a pampered vacation.

Also, those who live in texas rarely see snow and there are no real mountains.

Archived