Gibson Brands Forums

Yesterday...

MisterGibs

Mister Gibbs and Krasi sounded so good and its snowing here in St. Louis this morning So I had to run upstairs and play 'Yesterday" too! I wish I had a voice like your's Krasi ......Thanks for sharing .

What year is Mr. Gibbs. The inlays were very colorful a beautiful camera shot right as you back away from the camera to sit and play.

I may well post a version of Yesterday, I only wish I had you to sing it!

Krasi, You should consider coming to the Gibson Get-Together in Northern California in May(?).

You're one of the very few people I'd let play my DIF!!, (unless you can bring M-R GIBS).

Mr. Gibs.....can you just sing in English' date=' or how is your speaking English? You sound great in song.....MUCH better than my Bulgarian.....[/quote']

My speaking english is quite well. If I knew only english I would sing only in english.

I can sing in bulgarian, french, english, russian, italian, romanian, turkish, spanish languages.

My personal opinion is that the english language is the most melody-maker language now and here on that planet.

But I live in Bulgaria and everyone here is speaking 24 hours bulgarian and - I asuure you!!! - find wonderful lyrics in bulgarian to make songs out of it...

I love to sing in english. This is a pleasure to sing the songs of The Beatles - real pleasure... They are perfect!

Krasi' date=' You should consider coming to the Gibson Get-Together in Northern California in May(?).

[/quote']

That's nice DanvillRob.

Thanks for the invitation.

There are some obstacles...

First - I have to have some USA visa and save some about 3000 USD for that adventure.

+ that in the end of may every year the company I work for makes its anual meeting and I have to organize that event...

It is a pitty that USA is so far away (on the other side of the world...) If it was not so far away Bulgaria would be a state of the USA [lol]

That's nice DanvillRob.

First - I have to have some USA visa and save some about 3000 USD for that adventure.

+ that in the end of may every year the company I work for makes its anual meeting and I have to organize that event...

It is a pitty that USA is so far away (on the other side of the world...) If it was not so far away Bulgaria would be a state of the USA #-o

You got my vote for statehood' date=' K. We need your tax money! [thumbup

That's nice DanvillRob.

It is a pitty that USA is so far away (on the other side of the world...) If it was not so far away Bulgaria would be a state of the USA :-

Yeah... I TOTALLY understand....but you should know that we, (at least I), feel like you're one of us, (U.S.).

Yeah... I TOTALLY understand....but you should know that we' date=' (at least I), feel like you're one of us, (U.S.).[/quote']

I thank you all very much for the good words, fellows!

I really feel that I am part of that group here - the group of people who love Gibson guitars and take care of the instruments they own.

I adore my M-R GIBS!!!

I learned much about guitars, strings, capos etc. during that year I am a member in Gibson Acoustics forum.

I am sure that the things I red here in that forum before I took the decision to buy M-R GIBS were one of the factors, that made me to buy exactly that model of Gibson Acoustics.

Maybe one day I will come to play with you in USA somewhere... Who knows ;-)

For example I long to visit Boseman Montana, to see the fabric of Gibson Acoustics, how they produce those wonderful guitars there, to touch the woods, to see the people who work there...

I can play & sing "Yesterday" since 32 years. This was the first time that I recorded this song. Glad that you like it and glad that I challenged some of you to play that song and to record it.

Singers die, guitars break, but the songs remain and new people sing the songs.

Let's play Gibson guitars and sing beautiful songs - one of the greatest pleasures and responsibilities in that world.

I had not been able to listen as I check the forum mostly during the day from my work and YouTube for some reason is frowned upon. I just finished listening at home and I have to say your voice is only outmatched by the beautiful tone of Mr. Gibs! Great Job!!!

PS.... I have always loved that song and would certainly post a video if I had any type of recording or video to use but it would pale in comparison. I love how Leo Kottke described his voice... it must be like mine. He said it is like Goose Farts on a foggy day or something. I thank God for giving me some talent in my fingers and the ability to play guitar because if I had to rely on my voice, I would certainly not be making music.

PS.... I have always loved that song and would certainly post a video if I had any type of recording or video to use but it would pale in comparison. I love how Leo Kottke described his voice... it must be like mine. He said it is like Goose Farts on a foggy day or something. I thank God for giving me some talent in my fingers and the ability to play guitar because if I had to rely on my voice' date=' I would certainly not be making music. [/quote']

HAHA..."Goose Farts!!".... I always say my voice sounds like Andy Devine on steroids!!

Krasimir, Funny - though we're more than '500 Miles' apart, it seems like many of your favorite songs are mine as well! You did an excellent job on the ones I found on YouTube - now, I can see why you were a success at your 'open mike' a week or so ago. I've been finger picking 'Yesterday' forever - you've inspired me to try strumming on my SJ200. Thanks for sharing! G'luck with future live performances too. jim

Archived