Gibson Brands Forums

New Addition to the Family

jannusguy

1953 SJ on the left. 1951 J45 on right. Just acquired the SJ today. These 2 make a great pair. Prolly gonna pair these 2 up with the OJ and the Tele I have as keepers and liquidate everything else. Keep an eye on the trading post. I mean really, what else does a guy need...

J45.jpg

thud.gif OMG!

Looks just like Magic but older. Much much older. It's in great shape..... just beautiful! You lucky guy!! First song???

p.s. Is that a fig/ficus tree in the corner? I have one of those things and it's constantly dropping leaves. It's a PITA!

thud.gif OMG!

Looks just like Magic but older. Much much older. It's in great shape..... just beautiful! You lucky guy!! First song???

p.s. Is that a fig/ficus tree in the corner? I have one of those things and it's constantly dropping leaves. It's a PITA!

yes, gg, i do feel lucky. i have been looking for an early 50's SJ for awhile. i found this one in my backyard so to speak. i was at the orlando guitar expo 2 weeks ago. wandered up to a table and asked if they had any early 50s SJs. they didn't but there was a guy at the table from my neck of the woods who overheard me asking and volunteered that he had this 53. he brought it by a show i was working in tampa yesterday to let me play it. i went back and bought it today. it's a solid player and has just enough wear and tear on it to be gorgeous, (to me anyway). it's a year older than me and holding up just as well if not better. it sounds just fantastic. the first song was "don't think twice it's alright".

the ficus tree in the back is the only fake plant in my house. a gift from my sister. it's my fave! no clean up problem!

Wow' date=' that sounds like one of those 'meant to happen' stories! Good things come to those who wait. Did you sell your RW SJ?

Whatever you do, don't buy a real fig tree. You'll spend all your days picking up leaves from under the dining room table [love

yep, sold the other SJ last year. i have plenty of other plants i'm cleaning up after believe me...

Archived