Gibson Brands Forums

Here is a pic of my new Les Paul Standard

Rizz

Wow guys I was so excited last night I was messing all my words up in my previous posts, however im calm now but after opening the case to take a pic, I was still impressed thinking that should have been a studio, a classic at best and the wife to deal with if I bought the classic O:)/

newstandard.jpg

LP...

I agree...

When I bought my first LP in 91, it was a 3 piece top. Not nice to look at at all.

Bookmatched flame maple top at the time was very expensive.

Now standards come with beautiful AA maple top.

Well done Gibson.

Yes it is tim, however I really love the neck on this I was worried about the feel of the back of the neck but it dosent fell sticky at all to me, which was not the case with the studio. I have a feeling another will follow

Plays great I tried 3 60,s necks and they all felt different in some way, maybe im nuts but they all felt different, this played the best, and my first

choice was a latte colour that looked liked a plain top with very little or no flame which I like but the way this played and the fact that the flame joined quite well sealed it for me. One thing though i get a sore arm where the strat is shaped but the tone this gets, makes it worth it, it is however very light as light as my ash strat I would say 7 to 8 pounds, although it still has lots of sustain. the classic was non chambered i would say it was 9 to 10 lbs but didnt sound that much different to my ears.

Archived