Gibson Brands Forums

Here is a pic of my new Les Paul Standard

Rizz

Wow guys I was so excited last night I was messing all my words up in my previous posts, however im calm now but after opening the case to take a pic, I was still impressed thinking that should have been a studio, a classic at best and the wife to deal with if I bought the classic O:)/

newstandard.jpg

Yes it is tim, however I really love the neck on this I was worried about the feel of the back of the neck but it dosent fell sticky at all to me, which was not the case with the studio. I have a feeling another will follow

Plays great I tried 3 60,s necks and they all felt different in some way, maybe im nuts but they all felt different, this played the best, and my first

choice was a latte colour that looked liked a plain top with very little or no flame which I like but the way this played and the fact that the flame joined quite well sealed it for me. One thing though i get a sore arm where the strat is shaped but the tone this gets, makes it worth it, it is however very light as light as my ash strat I would say 7 to 8 pounds, although it still has lots of sustain. the classic was non chambered i would say it was 9 to 10 lbs but didnt sound that much different to my ears.

Archived