Gibson Brands Forums

Bad*ss pedals for $99 and below?

Andre S

Boss TU-2 chromatic tuner.

Only a fool spends money on effects pedals while he's still out of tune....

[lol]/

....Come on Neo...

I can't try anything out here because they don't sell many pedals here

I'm relying on the Forumites opinions.

Love my Coffin Blood Drive and that pedal keeps getting cheaper.

Light Overdrive or hardcore metal and rock stuff?

Both?

So far, I've picked the Dunlop Original Wah, Marshall Blues Breaker 2

I can't afford the rest as yet.

But they will be Way huge fuzz and pork loin OD, the mxr analog delay

and possibly a ts808

I can't try anything out here because they don't sell many pedals here

I'm relying on the Forumites opinions.

The Fulltone OCD doesn't fall under your cost ceiling' date=' but it's worth every penny to me.

That's all I own after playing guitar for 30 years.

Of course, I'm not a metal guy so most of the pedals I simply ignore.

Hope that helps.

[lol

Any of these two:

P1010071.jpg

The Crunch box sells for about US$120 (c'mon, it's your price range) and the Luther for US$ 100. With the first one you get Marshall (and it's my absolute favourite pedal) and the second it's a TS-808 clone. Trust me, you will never look back.

Although mentioned before, the Bad Monkey is a killer. Plus, the Danelectro Cool Cats seem great as well...

Any of these two:

P1010071.jpg

The Crunch box sells for about US$120 (c'mon' date=' it's your price range) and the Luther for US$ 100. With the first one you get Marshall (and it's my absolute favourite pedal) and the second it's a TS-808 clone. Trust me, you will never look back.

Although mentioned before, the Bad Monkey is a killer. Plus, the Danelectro Cool Cats seem great as well...

[/quote']

Luther as in the Luther Drive made by gearmanndude off of youtube?

There are so many pedals out there, you really just have to look around. Most of the Ibanez 9 series & MXR pedals are very good quality. Saying that, you can find most of those on Ebay or craigslist for under $100 used. The pedal I was most impressed with for the money I paid is the Biyang AD-8 analog delay. I bought it new last summer for $35. It has a dual chip & up to 1100 ms delay. Do your research & then when you have a list of what you like go to youtube and check out the demo's.

Light Overdrive or hardcore metal and rock stuff?

Both?

From very light blues overdrive all the way to full on overdrive, it has only one gain stage so it does not get to "Metal Zone" territory, but you can get a ton of classic rock tones with it.

I just saw that is is only $39 now, that is a good buy.

Lets put it this way, I own a Mesa Express 5:25 and get a lot of nice tones from it, still I kept my Coffin Blood Drive pedal, I do not use it much but I know what it can do. Its a keeper.

If you're just starting out, perhaps toss in another $50 or so and get one of these:

DJCustom_2.gif

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-BPK2-Blues-Pedal-Kit?sku=583420 <--- Blues

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-MPK2-Metal-Pedal-Kit?sku=583421 <----Metal

Here's 5 reasons why I suggest this:

1. It gives you several effects to play with. This will let you play around with many different tones and effects so that you can find " your sound".

2. They are pretty good pedals for the money, and while you won't use all the available tones/sounds, you will have many usable ones to choose from.

3. They don't come with a billion switches and knobs, meaning it will be much less confusing for you as you dial stuff in (and recall previous settings...).

4. You likely won't use all of the pedals in your board, meaning you will have some to trade in when you get ready to refine your sound and pick up higher end stuff.

5. If you turn out to be like someone here once said- firmly convinced that anyone who "needs a pedal" and not just a cable to get their tone is a no talent hack- then you're only out like $150, and will likely be able to recoup most of that in resale.

It's just my $.02, free to take or leave, but if I had low fundage and was wanting to explore pedals, I think this is where I'd go.

There are so many pedals out there' date=' you really just have to look around. Most of the Ibanez 9 series & MXR pedals are very good quality. Saying that, you can find most of those on Ebay or craigslist for under $100 used. The pedal I was most impressed with for the money I paid is the Biyang AD-8 analog delay. I bought it new last summer for $35. It has a dual chip & up to 1100 ms delay. Do your research & then when you have a list of what you like go to youtube and check out the demo's.[/quote']

+1 on the MXR pedals and they have a new line of micro pedads out which looks killer. But I quoted you 'cause I was impressed about the Biyang AD-8 analog delay. I was wondering about them. Thanks for posting this man!

Archived