Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Junior Club

truetone6

You'll find the P90 VERY bright in comparison to a humbucker. Given that the AC4 is bright by default you'll need to balance it out. At the end of the day' date=' it's whatever floats your boat. My gigging amps are 'Rivera Era' Fenders (Concert 410/Deluxe Reverb II) which are also bright so I have the Junior's tone pot on about 8. Hope this helps. BTW I love the AC4![/quote']

it sure does, thanks heaps.

Gibson called these, discontinued models, "Junior Lites!" Although...technically,

I think they're more "Specials," as they are 2-pickup versions.

But...since they were monikered "Junior's"....Here they are:

DSC_0016-2.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

Both, had TP-6 tail pieces, and Tulip tuners installed...(Gold, on the Black one, obviously)...

Othewise, they're "Stock!"

CB

hey i have a les paul double cut from 2005 that looks like that red one but its faded and it has a different tailpeice. inlays are different too

and diffferent style tuners, but everything is stock

NICE! I'm not a fan of BJA but that is a sweet guitar! Did it come with that cool leapard case?

Yes, that's one of the features. Really, if you don't like BJA, then you'll be happy to know there is very little marking it. Just the logo on the case and the signature on the back of the head. I think it's pretty good value if you want a VOS but don't have the money. It's only $600 over the standard Junior.

• 2 weeks later...

NICE! I'm not a fan of BJA but that is a sweet guitar! Did it come with that cool leapard case?

I found that the original Custom Shop Les Paul case didn't fit my '58 Jr very well (pressure on the neck unless you pack a t-shirt or something between the back of the body and the case), so I hunted down a leopard case thru Long/McQuade. Much better fit due to the thinner case, plus an awesome vibe. Friends eyes light up when I open up Jr's case. Not sure if Gibson sells them separately anymore, but worth checking out.

I found that the original Custom Shop Les Paul case didn't fit my '58 Jr very well (pressure on the neck unless you pack a t-shirt or something between the back of the body and the case), so I hunted down a leopard case thru Long/McQuade. Much better fit due to the thinner case, plus an awesome vibe. Friends eyes light up when I open up Jr's case. Not sure if Gibson sells them separately anymore, but worth checking out.

I've seen several of those leopard print cases recently on eBay, but they bring around $200 or maybe a bit more. Really cool though! Tempts me to buy the guitar.

• 1 month later...

I noticed in these pictures that all the ends of the fingerboards (that I can see) are finished in what looks like gloss black , however the end of the fingerboard on mine was not finished. It looked like just bare wood without any stain (the rest of the fingerboard is stained fairly dark).Here's mine, a brand new BJA model.It came with black knobs instead of amber?, and Gibson Deluxe tuners.$1265 CAN. taxes included.

HPIM2518.jpg

HPIM2546.jpg

HPIM2571.jpg

• 1 month later...

You'll find the P90 VERY bright in comparison to a humbucker. Given that the AC4 is bright by default you'll need to balance it out. At the end of the day, it's whatever floats your boat. My gigging amps are 'Rivera Era' Fenders (Concert 410/Deluxe Reverb II) which are also bright so I have the Junior's tone pot on about 8. Hope this helps. BTW I love the AC4!

Hi again, finally bit the bullet, the new LPJ should arrive just before Christmas, ordered one in Satin Vintage, cant wait...........,will try to post photos.

Merry Christmas to all,

Hi again, finally bit the bullet, the new LPJ should arrive just before Christmas, ordered one in Satin Vintage, cant wait...........,will try to post photos.

Merry Christmas to all,

Great thread!

I love JRs, in fact have been looking for a vintage 50s for a while. I happened across a nice 56 Special and bought that, so will work on the JR for next year. I'm not always about "signature models" however, I'm glad that Gibson got with BJA and brought a nice JR back. They are simple, easy to play guitars that just sound amazing.

What do i think? I think it's great! I used to have a 2003 DC LP faded (also in TV Yellow), which was pretty cool, but i sold it. Eventually i missed the P90 raunch and got one of these [thumbup] QC is very good. Well cut nut. The dot on the "i" is actually above it, not to the side (litle things i know, but it all adds up). Decent set up and intonation, good finish. Sounds terrific of course too. The only thing is maybe i'd prefer a thicker neck.

I ordered a Satin Junior today from my local guitar shop. I got it in Satin Yellow, lucky i got in when i did because it was the last one in New Zealand. Really excited to get it, i will post photos when it arrives :D

hey well done, your not in Nelson are you? I saw the Rockshop had one in satin Yellow and they shipped it to the Nelson store. My son has a satin vintage coming hopefully tomorrow(if the freight company is not too far behind), will compare notes when they arrive,

cheers,

TJ

ChCh

hey well done, your not in Nelson are you? I saw the Rockshop had one in satin Yellow and they shipped it to the Nelson store. My son has a satin vintage coming hopefully tomorrow(if the freight company is not too far behind), will compare notes when they arrive,

cheers,

TJ

ChCh

Hey thanks man! No, im not in Nelson, i'm in Hamilton, but they told me that its coming from Nelson, so the one in nelson is the one im getting! have you seen it? did it look nice? :) Hope your son loves his junior, i'm really excited to get mine! we will definitely compare notes when they arrive, it arrives in hamilton on the 5th of jan for me to play and try out, but i'll be getting it sometime in late january because of the lay-buy arrangement.. [thumbup]