Gibson Brands Forums

Slash or Ham?

deepblue

I just received a note from my local Long & Mcquade. (Burlington)

They have a promotion. If you come in, you can fill out a ballot to win

an autographed Slash Epiphone guitar.

My question is...Whats first prize... a ham perhaps? lol

Have you guys tried Peameal/back bacon? Now THAT is Canadian bacon right there......thick ***' date=' salty *** bacon with cornmeal on it....

That might be what yous guys calls Canadian Bacon:

[img']http://www.foodsupplies.ca/whats-new/cornmeal_1.jpg[/img]

Tasty.

Not even close to what we get here in the States. :) What we call Canadian bacon is just ham. I drive the local meat markets nuts telling them their Canadian bacon is not. We now have poutine in Chicago. Why can't someone make me some peameal bacon?!!

My Toronto/Niagara Falls Memorial weekend trip just got canceled, so no peameal bacon sandwiches from the St. Lawrence market.

Aw dude that sucks!! Poutine is the SH1T!!! I missed it so much while in Seattle - only 1 or 2 places had it but they used just shredded cheese instead of curd. The nerve!

Tell me about it. Shredded cheese? We lucked out with the poutine. Wisconsin is 40 minutes away so you can get fresh curds (aka the squeaks) which is the only way to make it. The time I took my wife (fiance at the time) to Montreal I could not stop talking about it. She thought I was crazy until she had some.

Why'd your trip get cancelled? Come anyway and let me know!!

Scheduling. My in-laws run their own business and did not want to close it for more than a day. Closest we'll be to you is Sarnia, Ont. way out in August. I'll be back in my hometown in Michigan so we'll take a trip over the border at least once.

If you get a guitar signed by anyone, make sure you get a photograph of the individual either signing it; or with you and the guitar. A certificate of authenticity along with the photo is good too. Without this info; even if you know the guitar was signed by someone doesn't mean squat if you want to sell it. Too many fake signatures out there; a lot of money is made on bogus signatures on just about anything. Just my 2 cents...

Archived