Gibson Brands Forums

Your house and playing area

Silenced Fred

Confined to a single room? All around the house?

I am in a room in my basement' date=' but I want to get a small amp, probably AC4 the new mini one, for my bedroom.[/quote']

My usable space in my room is about 79 by 75 inches....

In that I fit a stool, a pedalboard ,guitar stand, 3 amps, a tv (usually)and a subwoofer computer speaker set thing

Sheesh... I think this was also covered in the "man cave" thread...

I've about a 10x12 room that's shared with four desks, two desk chairs, two amps, two mike stands, heavy metal shelving for "stuff," at least 3 computers up, a half dozen guitars or so, a mandolin, banjo, fiddle, a few firearms, an analog tv I haven't had on in years and likely should just toss, etc., etc., etc.

I've been known to take a guitar into the bedroom, but usually to watch tv while changing strings.

m

Yoda...

I dunno... I've lived in a number of circumstances and seriously, I've always tended to prefer the idea of guitars and gear in a given area whether I've had a big place, little place, shared living quarters or not.

Hmmmm.

m

Yoda...

I dunno... I've lived in a number of circumstances and seriously' date=' I've always tended to prefer the idea of guitars and gear in a given area whether I've had a big place, little place, shared living quarters or not.

Hmmmm.

m

[/quote']

I have a main area, but i have guitars hanging on my dining room and living room walls also. ART! ....and storage.

Yoda... yeah, I hear you...

But at my age there's so much "stuff" from over the years... <grin> Korean pottery, a cupla tons of books, prints and paintings... junque...

Sheesh.

<chortle>

m

Yoda... yeah' date=' I hear you...

But at my age there's so much "stuff" from over the years... <grin> Korean pottery, a cupla tons of books, prints and paintings... junque...

Sheesh.

<chortle>

m

[/quote']

As bad as I can be, my wife is 10x the pack-rat I can be.... We have two indoor storage units that are almost full[blush]

All over my house

Here's to living alone and owning my house!!

Here's to Yoda' date=' livin' the dream of every bachelor - and many [i']married[/i] men!

[blink]

Yeah, my wife tolerates my habit - but the house is MINE so I do whatever the hell I want!

(If any of you ever tell her I actually said that, I'll call you a liar...)

Most of my gear is in one living room, but cases occupy many other holes in the house.

Got an old bass amp in my office.

I keep everything at the studio, no guitars at home, no amps either. When and if I get any guitar home it's an acoustic and it's not "mine" (tho it actually is) it's one of the acoustics I use to teach and are kept at the store with the tag "for rent".

Really, this might sound unbelievable but after playing guitar and listening to guys playing guitar for 10-14 hours a day the last I want is to come home to a place with more guitars, I just want to come here and relax [blink]

I have a very understanding wife and a big house so even though my primary studio is 18 x24 but I also have a den that's full of guitars including the wall of guitars that is my usual avatar then there are the acoustics and resonators in the library since they sound better in there and even have one guitar and amp in the sitting area of the Master Bedroom. and then I have a Santa Cruz PJ that stays in a leather chair in the family room for commercials while watching TV

I got my LP and strat in my room with my amps.

I have a marshall micro stack (the tiny one that runs on battery) I keep downstairs in a closet along with my angelic sounding Alhambra classical.

I keep the yamaha classical at the place in Miami.

So I guess I got gear sitting everywhere- it entices you to play more.

Archived