Gibson Brands Forums

Wireless restrictions?

Riverside

From What I have read about that list documents from the FCC. They indicate that the entire RF spectrum from 698-806 MHz (commonly called the 700 MHz spectrum) will most likely be “off limits” for wireless microphones.

So, wireless microphone users will be allowed to operate in the UHF television band between TV channels 14-51 (470-698 MHz), and in the VHF television band between TV channels 7-13 (174-216 MHz). It appears there are no current proposals before the FCC that would limit the use of this space by wireless microphone users, but this “wireless real estate” is getting pretty crowded. Finding usable channels in this spectrum as everybody moves into this area will likely only get more difficult and result in more interference.

I HATE wireless set ups. Talk a about Tone Sucking, and that goes for Vocals as well as Guitar.

Anyway, if this isn't just a rumor, I wonder if there's actually been any problem with Wireless Mics interfering with Important Radio Traffic, or are they just regulating cause they haven't in a awhile.

Yeah, I asked a buddy of mine who uses a wireless and he knew nothing about it.

I saw a sign somewhere mentioning the frequencies and changes afoot.

Doesn't mean they won't work....

Just that some bureaucrat in Washington DC is helping us make the world a better place - with our money.

I HATE wireless set ups. Talk a about Tone Sucking' date=' and that goes for Vocals as well as Guitar.

.[/quote']

No lie there........... They suck and I hated using them, but it was the protocol back in those days where the show comes first[blush]

So what does this mean? If you have a wireless mic or guitar rig and it uses those frequencies you can't use it any more? If you go ahead and use it anyway will the frequency police swat team come barging into your gig and pull you off stage?

So what does this mean? If you have a wireless mic or guitar rig and it uses those frequencies you can't use it any more? If you go ahead and use it anyway will the frequency police swat team come barging into your gig and pull you off stage?

Pretty much. Violating the frequency spectrum is serious business.

Pretty much. Violating the frequency spectrum is serious business.

Pretty much every radio station around here could be accused of that. Depending on one's definition of 'violating'. If it could mean playing Michael Bolton at 5:10 AM' date=' then they should be in jail. [crying

That's why they went to Digital Television transmission. It uses a narrower band, i.e. poorer reception, and frees up other areas of the band width. All this so that little Timmy and Suzie can fire up their Ipad and pick up an internet signal from anywhere at any time.

It will be a sad world when today's 'tweens are running things. These are the kids who, according to scientific data, would prefer to converse via texting, rather than email, or God forbid, face to face conversation. [biggrin]

Archived