Gibson Brands Forums

Just bought a Gibson Les Paul Studio worn gold top with p90's

hbpatter83

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just picked up a Honeyburst the other day. It's a hell of a lot of guitar for $700!! I had been flip flopping between picking up an LP standard and a Firebird; the shop that ordered the firebird for me to try out still hadn't gotten it after a month's wait and they had a few of these new studios in stock; one honeyburst and two goldtops. All 3 were gorgeous and didn't actually look worn other than around the edge of the maple cap which' date=' as mentioned, actually gives the illusion of binding at first glance. I was in the market to shell out well over 3 times this much and I've gotta say, I LOVE this guitar. I picked it up on Saturday and have already put in about 6 hours on it; very inspiring instrument.[/quote']

Must be Drome Sound. Haven't been there in years, but I think that's the only Gibson dealer left in the Capitol district.

I can confirm that these exist' date=' and that some have shipped....hope you enjoy it![/quote']

Thank you.. Yes they exist and I have one [thumbup]

I love it!

Can you tell us how many will be produced? Seems to be a hot topic.

Just spoke to Cody, at "E.M. Shorts," in Wichita...they have them on order, but because of the

flood damage in Nashville, he thinks "it could be months," before they actually take delivery, on

any. I asked about the "Faux" binding, on the "Golden Boy," but he said they didn't have any

information (yet) on it, other than the dealer pack, and (apparently) they don't mention anything

specific, in that regard. Will post more information, when I get it. He's going to call me or E-mail

me, a price, as well.

CB

Is this "Faux" binding' date=' actually painted on, or just the maple cap, that's been left unpainted or bare,

then covered with Clear Coat?

CB[/quote']

It's the edge of the maple cap left unpainted/stained. Has clear satin nitro on it of course. Looks cool.

opie.04.jpg

Hey OP!!!!!!

Why would you post this thread with no pictures????[confused][angry][confused][angry][confused][angry][confused][angry][confused][angry][confused][angry][confused][angry][confused][angry][confused][angry][confused]

Doesn't look like me at all... well sorta. :)

Where have you been? A little late to the party aren't you? I posted pic's the day after I posted this. In fact you'll see it on the main front page with this post. Here's the link anyway.

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=33195

Enjoy.

It's the edge of the maple cap left unpainted/stained. Has clear satin nitro on it of course. Looks cool.

Thanks, HB...that's what I figured...(and preferred), in that instance. Just got a price, from E.M. Shorts,

of $715.00, on that model. Now I'm REALLY interested. LOL! Always something, tempting, coming along!

;>b

CB

Thanks' date=' HB...that's what I figured...(and preferred), in that instance. Just got a price, from E.M. Shorts,

of $715.00, on that model. Now I'm REALLY interested. LOL! Always something, tempting, coming along!

;>b

CB[/quote']

$715.00???? Wow I thought I stole it at $800.00. Unbelievable deal for such a great guitar. you'd better snap it up. It is one fine instrument. Played it with the band last week.. They all loved it!

$715.00???? Wow I thought I stole it at $800.00. Unbelievable deal for such a great guitar. you'd better snap it up. It is one fine instrument. Played it with the band last week.. They all loved it!

Yeah, I have one (Gold Top) on order, now...and they'll let me know, just as soon as it arrives!

I "need" another "Les Paul," like another hole in the head, BUT...that seems too tempting a deal,

to pass up. Time will tell. ;>)

CB

Yeah' date=' I have one (Gold Top) on order, now...and they'll let me know, just as soon as it arrives!

I "need" another "Les Paul," like another hole in the head, BUT...that seems too tempting a deal,

to pass up. Time will tell. ;>)

CB[/quote']

You won't be sorry. Let me know when you get it.

Archived