Gibson Brands Forums

Bozeman is doing better!!!!

onewilyfool

I was in touch with LaVonne in customer service for some info about my J-30 Firebird, and mentioned that we in the forum, were all very appreciative of the guitars that are coming out of Bozeman, and that we were all pulling for her and the workers in this tough economic times. She asked me to pass this on to the forum members:

"Please let everyone know on the forum that we are alive and kicking here in Bozeman! Sales are up, production is up, we are hiring again-life is good but we couldn’t do it without our loyal fans and especially our Forum Family."

They really do appreciate our support!! Buy American!!!!

I was told that at roughly this time last year, Bozeman had an excess of inventory--they were building at a faster pace than the guitars were selling.

This year, they have about four month's worth of outstanding orders--Bozenam Gibsons are selling faster than they can be built.

Red 333

Very good news, and of course she's one of the reasons for their success, lavonne's one of the nicest people to work with i've ever experienced. I hope to support them in their cause later this year [thumbup]

Those folks back in Montana are hard workers-- and real good people. My sincere wish is that everyone here who values their Gibson guitar make a trip out to Bozeman to visit and tour the place.

I had sworn off ever buying another guitar unless I first played it.. Then I went to Bozeman and saw the stuff they were turning out. Sent in my spec order as soon as I got home.

Good to hear that things are turning around back there!

And I'm feeling good because six weeks ago, when I ordered my J-200 Jr (Vintage Sunburst with an Adirondack Spruce top, AAA Maple sides and back, and bound headstock and Madagascar Rosewood fretboard), Bozeman told my dealer, Dave's Guitar Shop in La Crosse, Wisconsin, that they projected delivery to be in SIX to eight weeks. Hope the backlog of new business doesn't affect that optimistic delivery estimate too much. But if it does.... more power to the folks in Montana for coming through with quality guitars for Gibson fans. I'm glad they're doing better, even if it means a bit more waiting time for my special order to arrive. I can wait....

Jack6849

And I'm feeling good because six weeks ago' date=' when I ordered my J-200 Jr (Vintage Sunburst with an Adirondack Spruce top, AAA Maple sides and back, and bound headstock and Madagascar Rosewood fretboard), Bozeman told my dealer, Dave's Guitar Shop in La Crosse, Wisconsin, that they projected delivery to be in SIX to eight weeks. Hope the backlog of new business doesn't affect that optimistic delivery estimate too much. But if it does.... more power to the folks in Montana for coming through with quality guitars for Gibson fans. I'm glad they're doing better, even if it means a bit more waiting time for my special order to arrive. I can wait....

Jack6849 [/quote']

Six to eight weeks is an INCREDIBLY short period of time to wait for a Custom guitar, in my experience!!

Savour the wait! [cool]

Fred

they MUST have a lot of orders. i was at work the other day trying to order some guitars for our shop. i had a current price list showing availability. practically nothing was immediately available. about half showed as "will ship" within the next month and the rest had no projected date. many things have taken a month or more lately (usually they have them in stock and we see them within the week). i order a J200EC MANY weeks ago and still haven't seen it. it's frustrating, but it is comforting to know that sales are up and they are just sitting on a bunch of inventory that they can't move. i'm sure this fact really helps the morale around the plant too. that's important!

Archived