Gibson Brands Forums

I am engaged!

Artie Owl

I really wouldnt care if she did' date=' she's actually NOT my "better half" anyways [biggrin'] people grow in different ways, she and I just happen to NOT go in the same direction, which Id say happens with a majority of marriages these days, dont know the failure rate but I do know its OVER 50%, its actually a National average of 55% of all marriages fail

That's too bad... you only live once...and then you're dead for a REALLY long time.... since this ain't a dressed rehearsal, you should be happy...whatever that means.... and so should your wife.

Life is too short to "settle"!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This won't happen to me....she's tried and i offer to drive her to the store....she knows better. :)

I said the same thing. Maybe you haven't, but you will. Circumstances prevail. Circumcision if you don't. :-

Thanks everyone, yeah we're living together, it's one year since we moved in together and that was my last test to make sure we are the real deal, which we are :- I'll take any advice I can get haha, but I know one thing for sure, Marriage isn't all rainbows and butterflies, you have to ride the wave.

I always figured that the purchase of feminine "supplies" was only part of the "how you can tell some guy has learned to be comfortable around women." The other, and longer lasting one is holding a girl's purse while she's doing whatever...

Oh - and btw... best of luck in a tie-up in today's world...

m

That's too bad... you only live once...and then you're dead for a REALLY long time.... since this ain't a dressed rehearsal' date=' you should be happy...whatever that means.... and so should your wife.

Life is too short to "settle"!![/quote']

very well said, however when kids are involved it gets a little more complicated, my parents divorced when I was young and I told myself I would never do that to mine

I always figured that the purchase of feminine "supplies" was only part of the "how you can tell some guy has learned to be comfortable around women." The other' date=' and longer lasting one is holding a girl's purse while she's doing whatever...

Oh - and btw... best of luck in a tie-up in today's world...

m

[/quote']

That would be number 15 - well put Milod. I have been left holding the purse more than once in these past 30 years. Ah yes, the purse. The looks and the purse. And the time spent holding the purse. And the locations she picks for you to hold the purse. And the different purses, times and locations. It is all coming back to me.

You know, that is why you have kids. You send them to the grocery store for women thangs and they get to hold the purse. It is your only way out.

...The other' date=' and longer lasting one is holding a girl's purse while she's doing whatever....

[/quote']

It's a European shoulder bag.

And, to Artillery Owl, congratulations to you and to your fiancee. Best wishes and best of luck to you both.

Congrats she's a cutie and don't sweat the little stuff so what if she ask's you to buy feminine products or hold a purse when she's shopping or whatever. Who cares more than half the people on earth are female and understand what your doing and will think more of you for it and if someone like a male friend or not, makes fun of you for buying tampons you really got to wonder what there doing with them that embarrasses them so much. :-&

No date yet, we're just enjoying the feeling right now. I've wanted this for a long time, and I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I find the occasional "don't do it" funny compared to the number of congrats and such, but to each their own I suppose.

Archived