Gibson Brands Forums

Just watched the final episode of LOST

daveinspain

Well I was right all along... Right from the beginning I said that they were really all dead and the Island was like a purgatory type place. I did like the whole series and thought they came up with a good ending.... At least it wasn't a cop series or a hospital series or reality show. They came up with something different and complex and it worked...

Good luck to all the cast in the future... Good show!

Well I was right all along... Right from the beginning I said that they were really all dead and the Island was like a purgatory type place.

Hmmm' date=' that's not what I got from it at all. [biggrin

I do agree that it was a great show though. [biggrin]

It wouldn't be Lost if they told you everything....what stuff would you have liked wrapped up?

So, if they were all dead, is Sun & Jin's daughter a dream?

They also setup a lot of time skip stuff, example:

like Des & Penny's son Charles who looks a lot like a young Charles Widmore which makes the son older than the mother/father due to the twists of the islands time traveling.

You see some hints of this in Widmore's office meetings with Des in both the original time line and the alternate timeline where this "utopia waiting area" is.

There are many more things, like the way Walt was "special" but because the child actor went thru a growth spurt, they had to bury everything they setup with that.

It just seems to me like they may have had an actual ending but it wasn't planned to last as long as it did.

The show got way huge popular and the network wanted more and more so they wrote themselves into a pickle.

Well I was right all along... Right from the beginning I said that they were really all dead and the Island was like a purgatory type place. I did like the whole series and thought they came up with a good ending.... At least it wasn't a cop series or a hospital series or reality show. They came up with something different and complex and it worked...

Good luck to all the cast in the future... Good show!

You just saved me roughly 80s hours of my time [biggrin] I've never seen the show before.

So' date=' if they were all dead, is Sun & Jin's daughter a dream?

They also setup a lot of time skip stuff, example:

like Des & Penny's son Charles who looks a lot like a young Charles Widmore which makes the son older than the mother/father due to the twists of the islands time traveling.

You see some hints of this in Widmore's office meetings with Des in both the original time line and the alternate timeline where this "utopia waiting area" is.

There are many more things, like the way Walt was "special" but because the child actor went thru a growth spurt, they had to bury everything they setup with that.

It just seems to me like they may have had an actual ending but it wasn't planned to last as long as it did.

The show got way huge popular and the network wanted more and more so they wrote themselves into a pickle.

[/quote']

Yeah I don't think you are wrong....i like that they didn't answer all of the questions....the show was always about thinking for yourself and its fitting it ended that way....thats how I view it anyway...

Yeah I don't think you are wrong....i like that they didn't answer all of the questions....the show was always about thinking for yourself and its fitting it ended that way....thats how I view it anyway...

Yeah, I enjoyed the show a lot, I watched it religiously. I was just expecting something more spectacular I guess.

I mean, it was interesting how they ended it, but it was nothing new. Similar to the scenario with the film Jacob's Ladder.

I was dissaponted with it but I'm not gonna say it was terrible. And some parts of it were flat out awesome. I just felt like they left too many of the mysteries unanswered. I understand (and like) that they leave some of the mysteries unsolved which allows for people to formulate their own theories. I just kind of felt like the writers used that as an excuse to create mysteries that they never had any intention of solving or couldn't solve. Which makes it easy to just start thowing in weird stuff for the sake of being weird. (i.e. the bird that said "hurley!".... ) or to abandon long running mysteries whenever they want (i.e. women who get pregnant on the island die) The video Shred Astaire posted was a good example.

That said, I did enjoy the show alot and thought that it was better than most anything out there in the last 6 years. Definitely a good ride regardless.

Archived