Gibson Brands Forums

I HATE The (F...ing) Beatles, and why!

charlie brown

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've nothing bad to say about The Beatles. I grew up listening to them... and no matter how much my musical tastes change, they are always on my playlist.

By far my favorite band... ever. [biggrin]

I Love The wonderful Beatles. The White Album is the greatest single grouping of songs ever recorded. And Rubber Soul, Revolver and Sgt. Pepper aren't far behind. These were game changers for sure.

But hey Macca, SHUT UP AND SING! [biggrin]

OK folks' date=' give it up! Say what you're dying to say, and why!

(I STILL LOVE "The Beatles," and always will...no matter what you say, anyway.)

BUT...let 'er Rip! Get it out! You'll feel SO much better, and you KNOW it!

CB[/quote']

I don't think people quite get what's going on here, Sr. Brown [biggrin]

Sorry to disappoint' date=' charley brown, but I'm a Beatles fan since forever.[/b']

The Stones (up until Brian Jones died) were right up there with the Beatles.

I'm a Floyd fan, too.

That doesn't disappoint me, in the slightest. As I said, I LOVE The Beatles, and always will!

CB

I don't think people quite get what's going on here' date=' Sr. Brown [biggrin] [/quote']

Well, it's an attempt (serious, or otherwise) to let those that DO "Hate The Beatles," tell us WHY?

That's all.... They don't seem to have a problem, with doing that, in other threads....so, I thought

I'd give them one, dedicated to that, for their very own. That way, they'll always have a place

to go, when the urge strikes. ;>)

As I said, it won't make any difference, to how "I" feel, about "The Beatles," at all.

Carry on! (Smile)

CB

I've never cared for them or their music. Just a matter of taste' date=' as I'm sure some guys don't like the bands I like and some don't like burgers, fries, hot dogs, and pizza.

Hope there's nothing wrong with not liking them.[/quote']

Nope...it's a free country (So far, anyway), and you are perfectly within your rights,

to say what you want/will, about them.

Some, have pretty strong opinions, as to disliking them...so, I've always been curious,

about WHY, and what (beyond a mere musical preference thing) drives that opinion.

No big deal, just curiosity....and something "fun" to cuss and discuss. ;>)

Thanks, TG..for the post.

CB

the Beatles helped change the world . They wrote some of the most beautyful music to be penned. Yes, they are pop music, but dam, good music. I think people who say they don't like the Beatles, deep down inside, wish they could write just 1 song as good as a Beatles song. Not being a crazy fanatic Beatle fan , i can and do know great music when i hear it. their music has stood the test of time , and that's one of the things that makes greatness.

the Beatles helped change the world . They wrote some of the most beautyful music to be penned. Yes' date=' they are pop music, but dam, good music. I think people who say they don't like the Beatles, deep down inside, wish they could write just 1 song as good as a Beatles song. Not being a crazy fanatic Beatle fan , i can and do know great music when i hear it. their music has stood the test of time , and that's one of the things that makes greatness. [/quote']

Agreed! They are a little bit like the Beethoven or Mozart of our times.

But for me the Beatles and the Stones are untouchable. i dont pretend to separate them or put one above the other.

Love The Beatles, love The Stones. I never understood the whole rivalry between the two bands (I figure that the press just made it up) as the two bands are very different and I dig each for different reasons.

One edge I'll give to The Beatles - NOBODY else has ever, or has since, written music like The Beatles. Technically, they're a rock and roll band but who else sounds like them? And how would one define their sound anyway? They're in a category all their own - Beatles Music - and any aspiring musician would be wise to give their music at least a casual listen.

The Beatles changed my life. I remember listening to my dad's worn-out, dog-eared copy of his Revolver album and loving every moment. I then got into their early stuff - still marvel at "I Want to Hold Your Hand" - then heard "Strawberry Fields" and that was it.

The Beatles will always be my number one. I still sob when someone brings up Lennon's assassination.

Archived