Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

They should be good because the specs say they are pleked.

Oh wait,they says the nut is pleked

"The nut on the Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute is made from Corian, which is mainly composed of acrylic polymer. This popular synthetic alternative to bone offers a very durable material, delivers enhanced sustain, and holds the tolerances of the precision cuts made in the slotting process. It is installed into the top surface of the neck, butting up to the end of the fingerboard to ensure proper tone and sustain transfer, and its nut slots are cut with Gibson’s PLEK system to ensure precise fit, break angle, and string spacing."

"The Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute sports 22 medium-jumbo frets, all immaculately dressed and polished."

Neck and Headstock specs

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those lucky enough to have one (any color)' date=' how is the fret work, overall?

CB[/quote']

they better be good - i had Lance set aside a Honeyburst too. [biggrin]

maybe my deck will be built before these badboys arrive....could be a wonderful summer.

they better be good - i had Lance set aside a Honeyburst too. [cool]

maybe my deck will be built before these badboys arrive....could be a wonderful summer.

LOL!!! You DID?! Did he give you anymore information, on "When?" they might

be getting them?

Well, I have my eye on a couple of other Gibson's in that store...so, I'm

afraid the one GoldTop Studio, will have to be my "limit," for now, anyway. ;>)

CB

LOL!!! You DID?! Did he give you anymore information' date=' on "When?" they might

be getting them?

Well, I have my eye on a couple of other Gibson's in that store...so, I'm

afraid the one GoldTop Studio, will have to be my "limit," for now, anyway. ;>)

CB[/quote']

still no ETA. would be nice to have some sort of timeframe, but i guess thats how it goes for now. and im ok with that since i knew it up front.

Thanks' date=' Jamdogg...was just curious, if they had any more updated info,

from last week? Seems to be a lot of speculation, on "soon to be" ship dates.

So...???

CB[/quote']

i'm not sure where these folks are getting their ship dates. Lance told me he would update me as soon as he hears something.

i just realized i'm gonna need another case now. [biggrin]

so CB, what amp you plan to pair that GoldTop with?

i'm not sure where these folks are getting their ship dates. Lance told me he would update me as soon as he hears something.

i just realized i'm gonna need another case now. [blink]

so CB' date=' what amp you plan to pair that GoldTop with?[/b']

Fender Blues Junior/w Celestion Vintage 30 (for bars/small clubs), and either the HR Deluxe or

Twin Reverb, for larger or out-door venues. Thinking about getting the extension speaker, for

the HR Deluxe, as well...for a small "stack." Time will tell... ;>)

CB

Here's my new one - couldn't take it anymore - the sound is just too good! Got the last one after watching them go 1 at a time over the past month or so. Would have loved the HB, or even a GT, but Ebony has a classic look - one I always find attractive, and this one ain't bad at all.

lp1200.jpg

lp1400.jpg

rear1200.jpg

the HB only because I have an Ebony Epiphone LP already

I have always been a sucker for the black finishes, but the honeyburst I saw was really sweet, everyone at the shop agreed it was the best looker - maybe cause it just goes so well with the biege plastic accents, or the worn finish is more subtle on it.

Anyway - I am aure you'll be thrilled!

I put my name and money in the bucket last night for a cherry sunburst at sweetwater since i only live 40 min away from there store. also there web site says these have ebony Fingerboards is sweetwater getting a special batch or is it a misprint

From Gibson Web-Page:

A Les Paul for the People,

Honoring the Decade of Rock and Roll

The Les Paul Studio 50s Tributes’ Worn Gold Top, Worn Honey Burst, Worn Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Worn Ebony, and Worn White finishes nail the appearance of five popular “Standard” and “Custom” finishes from the era, while its unbound body and neck and chambered mahogany body with carved maple top keep it in line with the simplicity that thousands of Les Paul Studio players already cherish.

A Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece and Kluson-style tuners keep it all rock-solid and resonant, while point-to-point wired “Orange Drop” tone caps help to translate that raw, gnarly P-90 tone in true 50s style. All guitars come protected in a black Gibson gigbag and include a Gibson owner’s manual. Check one out today at your authorized Gibson dealer, and get a chunk of that fat 50s mojo in your hands. Body and Finish

A solid, carved maple top and chambered mahogany body give the Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute the same tonewood combination that has been helping Les Pauls rock for nearly 50 years. Five authentic 50s-style finishes—Worn Gold Top, Worn Honey Burst, Worn Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Worn Ebony or Worn White—present a guitar with the look of a gently aged original, while the instrument’s unbound body and neck keep it in line with the popular Les Paul Studio line.

Neck and Headstock

The Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute is crafted with a solid quarter-sawn mahogany neck, a rosewood fingerboard, and a headstock set at the traditional 17-degree angle for superior transference of vibrational energy—all ingredients of the classic Les Paul Standard of the 1950s.

Pickups and Electronics

To give it the vintage look and meaty, raw sound of an original 50s Les Paul, the Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute carries two Gibson USA P-90 pickups, which are wired through the traditional four-knob Les Paul control array, with a three-way Switchcraft toggle selector and quality “Orange Drop” tone capacitors on the tone pots.

Hardware

Designed to offer the rock solid dependability that today’s musicians demand, while reflecting the look of classic hardware from the mid 50s, the Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute’s Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge, stopbard tailpiece, and Kluson-style tuners present a best-of-both-worlds hardware package.

CB

There will be one more Goldtop available now I just cancelled my order that I had placed in early June. Like others I had gotten all excited about the guitar but with a little time to cool off and think about it I was wondering why. I mean it's a pretty cool concept and everything but when all is said and done it's still a Studio with a Cheesy fake Roadworn top just like we all made fun of Fender for doing. It's a good example though how marketing can work I was all worried that I had to order one early before they were all gone but why? I mean come on what do I want with a 900 dollar Roadworn Studio in a gig bag? I haven't bought a guitar that came in a gig bag for 20 years what would make me start now?

I'D play it a few times and then sit it probably in it's cheap *** gig bag in the corner and I'd go back to playing a Standard or Reissue so I woke up cancelled the order and went back to looking for a 84 Zematis.

Yeah, I've "cooled down," considerably, too....and I STILL want the Gold-Top version!

I, for one, don't have "budget" for a '84 Zematis, or anything in that price range, anymore.

And, even if I did...I cannot "justify" spending that kind of money, on a guitar...ANY

guitar. But, for those of you, who can....Go For It!! As to what I will play? Well, the

'50's Tribute, will be put in rotation, along with the rest of my "brood!" Oddly enough,

because of where I seem to play, mostly, these days...the "cheap" Gibson's, get more

action, than the expensive ones, I own. So...???

CB

IMHO there is nothing "cheezy" about the finish at all. futhermore, price out used LP Studios w/a maple cap. Or better, price out a used Studio GEM series guitar, which is quite similar in features - '50s neck, P90s, unique color/finish, etc.

For $700'sh, this is a complete no-brainer.

but to each his own.

And...by the photos, at least, they don't really look "road worn," like that Fender series, that IS severly relic'd,

but more like their previous "faded" series...with some light worn spots, that will wear...in those places, fairly

quickly, even with a heavier finish, if played a lot. I have one of the previous "faded" double cuts (below).

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

It's an awesome player, and tone monster, with the P-90's. And, with that finish, I don't get as "precious"

about it, as I tend to do, with my more expensive finished Gibby's. The '50's Tribute Gold-Top will be a

very welcomed, single cutaway addition, to this one. ;>)

CB

Archived