Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

Ya I guess they said that this one came with a faulty toggle switch from the factory' date=' they sent it out for repair and I musta saw it when it came back.

Remember they have 2 blacks on the wall RIGHT NOW if anyone wants them.

They also told me they had about a dozen golds. Word spread on a fender fourm a few weeks back and people all over the US bought them over the phone........[/quote']

Damn those Fender players[biggrin] I'm just wondering how that local music store was able to get a whole bunch of those guitas while the big chain music stores like Guitar Center, MF, Sam Ash...etc are still waiting for theirs?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya I guess they said that this one came with a faulty toggle switch from the factory' date=' they sent it out for repair and I musta saw it when it came back.

Remember they have 2 blacks on the wall RIGHT NOW if anyone wants them.

They also told me they had about a dozen golds. Word spread on a fender fourm a few weeks back and people all over the US bought them over the phone........[/quote']

Really?

I can find mabye 10 topics in 5 mins bashing on gibsons on that stupid fender forum.

Bunch of elitists if you ask me, not much variety on the music there either.

This model looks sweet. I'd love to pick one up used for cheap.

I've always wanted a goldtop with p90s. With good fretwork the lack of binding doesn't bother me.

By the way am I the only one who thinks the white one would look way better with black plastic?

This was posted on another forum today:

" Well, here is some news. I talked to a Gibson rep today and he said that as of last night the Honeyburst was sold out.

The Goldtop sold out first, now the Honeyburst and Cherry Sunburst will probably be next.

Oh, by the way things are getting back on track and orders are actually shipping as we speak (or type!).

I forgot to ask him if they may continue the run, but he did say Gibson was very pleased with the reception this guitar has received, so we'll have to wait and see. "

the HB is a dream' date=' my finger tips hurt from playing all day, never played p90s and I think I am in love.

And yeah id say the neck is veeeeery similar to my faded explorer, lightly finished and can feel the woodgrain ect also my fave.[/quote']

How's the weight, and balance?

CB

I dont have a exact weight, but I also have a spalted maple Agile AL-3100 that weighs a TON in comparison. I would have to say about the weight of my old Ibanez RG 770 thats Basswood.

Maybe 7.5-8ish lbs? balance is great no issues thus far no neck dive ect

Gratuitous Agile pics lol

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

the gold is amazing, especially with that binding. hopefully gibson gets the message and keeps producing these because i just got a junior and can't afford another guitar now.

wonder what the 'worn' gold top looks like? any 'real' photos of the goldtop or just gibson's doctored marketing photos?

the gold is amazing' date=' especially with that binding. hopefully gibson gets the message and keeps producing these because i just got a junior and can't afford another guitar now.

wonder what the 'worn' gold top looks like? any 'real' photos of the goldtop or just gibson's doctored marketing photos?[/quote']

There is no binding, I think that may be either the maple where it joins the mahogany, or a paint line. Either way, looks great on it and on the Honey Burst shown a couple of pages back. I've got a Gold Top pre-ordered too, also told 8/31 at GC. Told they're getting 30, then told 36. I'm about number 25, so I have high hopes I'll at least get one! [blink] If I could find a honey burst in stock somewhere I'd pick it up to tide me over. The black looks cool except the lack of a binding on the top kills that one for me.

As to the photos, if it's any help, the Honey Burst pictured on page 5 here looks better than the Gibson pic of it IMO. I hope the GT looks great too, and look forward to seeing "real world" pics as well as seeing it (mine!) in person.

Archived