Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
great price? for who?

$800 is actually pretty good for a decent 'made in USA' guitar...infinitely better then some imported asian crap (though I would look a potential purchase over extra-well - Goldtop I saw had obvious flaws).

Wasn't exactly what I wanted, in an LP, but at that price it came close 'just because'!

Hans' date='

Yes we will be shipping these to Europe.[/quote']

Just wondering......?????

How it is that the powers that be at Gibson can confirm delivery to Europe....yet the biggest distributor

of Gibson products in Canada can't order one for me in any color!!!! let alone the gold-top I would like???

Just wondering???[biggrin]

And, while were on the subject, of these guitars....When, will Gibson start shipping them, again???!

Might help some, make a decision, as to if they will, or will not, get one? I'm (personally) already

committed (to the guitar... ;>) ), but some others may not want to wait?

Curiosity, abounds!

CB

Just wondering......?????

How it is that the powers that be at Gibson can confirm delivery to Europe....yet the biggest distributor

of Gibson products in Canada can't order one for me in any color!!!! let alone the gold-top I would like???

Just wondering???[crying]

It's because of the M.A.C.

3380224850_040854fd7f_m.jpg

Will we ever see them? Omar at MLPF posted this:

"OK...

I want one...

BUT, Can I get one?

I called GC and my regular salesman told me that they WILL NOT get any of those guitars. His Gibson rep told him also that they do not have enough to go around and they are not ready for building (due to the flood)...

Sweetwater sales engineer told me similar... although they are accepting orders, they do not think they'll be able to get enough to fulfill orders... and they may get them late 2010, IF they even get them... again, due to the flood.

My question is:

WHY IN THE WORLD would Gibson start a campaign on a guitar that IT IS NOT GOING TO BE AVAILABLE???? or are my GC and Sweetwater guys way off and misinformed? and I should place an order regardless?

Omar "

[biggrin]

I would love to get a honeyburst if I can get it with a ABR1 bridge with nylon saddles, and keep it under a $1200 street price.

However the last time I tried to order a Gibson guitar on-line the order was never filled and I had close to $2000 sitting in limbo for close to five months[crying]

When these make it to the stores, I'll see if I can get a special order with the ABR1 from GC.:P

I will take one in Honeyburst please. [biggrin]

*edit* also... Stupid question but how do we adjust the pickup height on these? I have no experience with P-90's. I didn't see any screws on either side of the pups. Are they just in the one position? Sorry for my confusion.

[omg]

I would love to get a honeyburst if I can get it with a ABR1 bridge with nylon saddles' date=' and keep it under a $1200 street price.

However the last time I tried to order a Gibson guitar on-line the order was never filled and I had close to $2000 sitting in limbo for close to five months[crying']

When these make it to the stores, I'll see if I can get a special order with the ABR1 from GC.[cool]

Just change the bridge, it should drop right on. I may do the same thing. But probably Tusk saddles, instead?

...or, do you mean you want the older ('50's and '60's) type screw posts, into the wood, as well???

CB

I spoke with Matt Harris at Sweetwater and they have some confirmed orders. They only have 1 goldtop left. They got 6 of each color and most are available. Only 3 of the cherry are still there. I took one. [omg]

I made sure to ask and confirm with him that these were guitars that they were actually getting not hopes and dreams from Gibson. They told me that the allocation was given to them by Gibson. They did not have an ETA.

I spoke with Matt Harris at Sweetwater and they have some confirmed orders. They only have 1 goldtop left. They got 6 of each color and most are available. Only 3 of the cherry are still there. I took one. [biggrin]

I made sure to ask and confirm with him that these were guitars that they were actually getting not hopes and dreams from Gibson. They told me that the allocation was given to them by Gibson. They did not have an ETA.

yes confirmed at sweetwater by Dave also!!!! they have them for sale! white' date=' black,honey,cherry one of each left

and going fast not doubt!! still can't get one shipped to Canada....eh....damm...[biggrin

Here are photos of a Honeyburst that is on ebay.Notice the faux binding and "see through" control cover.

Just a note, i don't think that's faux binding, there's NO binding, what you're looking at is a mahogany body with a maple top. just like an LP was meant to be.

looks like a great guitar!

Just change the bridge' date=' it should drop right on. I may do the same thing. But probably Tusk saddles, instead?

...or, do you mean you want the older ('50's and '60's) type screw posts, into the wood, as well???

CB[/quote']

Gotta plug the bridge anchor holes and I don't feel like doing that..... I'll just hold out for a 71-72 Deluxe[cool] ... I've purchased 4 new Gibbys in 1.5 years. That's enough for now

I spoke to the Guitar, Amp & Keyboard Centre in Brighton today (probably the UK's largest music shop) & they'll be getting them in for £749 all colours available. They claimed Gibson's factory in TN experienced a flood & are at present trying to clear it up. Whether this is true or not I knoweth not...

Archived