Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

this is the updated info I have from Gibson as of to-day....The good news is they will be making more of the

studio 50's tribute...the not so good new is they are still dealing with issues of the flood... (understandably so )

when they do get back to production there are other outstanding backorder priorities( some Standards and stuff )they have to get out the door first! so it might be awhile ( no time frame) before they resume pruduction of the Studio 50's tribute... when they do there's a good chance we'll get some here!!! So as is my order is still active and at the top of the list ...lol...[lol] hopefully when someone at Gibson gets a moment we can get an update here??

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is the updated info I have from Gibson as of to-day....The good news is they will be making more of the

studio 50's tribute...the not so good new is they are still dealing with issues of the flood... (understandably so )

when they do get back to production there are other outstanding backorder priorities( some Standards and stuff )they have to get out the door first! so it might be awhile ( no time frame) before they resume pruduction of the Studio 50's tribute... when they do there's a good chance we'll get some here!!! So as is my order is still active and at the top of the list ...lol...[cool] hopefully when someone at Gibson gets a moment we can get an update here??

But are they still going to ship some of the the pre-orders on June 29th as has been stated on on some forums? Or are there some all ready sitting in warehouses outside of Nashville waiting for the Ok to ship by Gibson?

But are they still going to ship some of the the pre-orders on June 29th as has been stated on on some forums? Or are there some all ready sitting in warehouses outside of Nashville waiting for the Ok to ship by Gibson?

My understanding as it was explained... it is a limited run there were only the 60 that made it out the door in late April and there weren't any others(before the flood ) and they will be making more but it will be awhile before they can resume production. Per-orders??? So sounds like we might have a bit of a wait and again hopefully we can get an update.

when they do get back to production there are other outstanding backorder priorities( some Standards and stuff )they have to get out the door first! so it might be awhile ( no time frame) before they resume pruduction of the Studio 50's tribute... when they do there's a good chance we'll get some here!!! So as is my order is still active and at the top of the list ...lol...#-o hopefully when someone at Gibson gets a moment we can get an update here??

Got the news yesterday that a Goldtop is on order for me.

When will be delivery date, no one knows yet. I can wait.

Same Day Music has pulled them from their website... I called to see if they had any info about my order' date=' but they don't.

La la la.[/quote']

Same with American Musical. Two days after GC lists them the place I ordered from removes 'em. Story of my life. LOL

David

E.M. Shorts just answered my querry, regarding information on my (reserved) Gold-Top,

by stating that they were told (recently) by Gibson, that the plant would be up and running,

by the first of July. He could not pin them down, as to when they would recieve their Gibson

order (including the 2 '50's Tribute Gold-Top's they had on order, prior to the Nashville Flood),

but assured me: "You'll be the 1st person, to know, after me!" ;>) So...that's as much as I

could find out. They (whoever "They" are) say "Waiting, builds character"...LOL! I guess we'll

all find that out? ;>)

LPST5WGCH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

Delicious!

CB

OK a check of American Musical wevbsite reveals that the goldtop is gone and the others supposedly available July 9. I dont think Gibson should be running this fab introduction on their web site unless they are ready to deliver the groceries. I mean when can I haz Goldtop?

[biggrin] ... the possibilities......

1. Remove the Nashville bridge and threaded bridge anchors

2. Plug holes and add an ABR1 (nickel plated) with nylon saddles

3. Replace tailpiece with a Gibson aluminum (nickel plated)

4. Replace bridge pup with a 71 deluxe mini with a Gibson embossed pup cover.

Might cure my gass for a $5000 71 LP Deluxe:-k

LPST5WHCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThis=true&

OK a check of American Musical wevbsite reveals that the goldtop is gone and the others supposedly available July 9. I dont think Gibson should be running this fab introduction on their web site unless they are ready to deliver the groceries. I mean when can I haz Goldtop?

A guy on another forum called AMS last week and they told him that they were only getting 4 goldtops.

I just hope, that when they do get back to production, they'll not just

crank them out, just to meet the demand, but actually take the time,

to fully sand out the carving (top) rings, and give it a decent finish.

I've seen a couple of photos, that looked ike the tops were still a bit "rough,"

prior to finishing...especially near the upper (top, not "horn") bout/neck joint.

I hope those are NOT going to be the "norm?" I realize, it's a less expensive LP,

with the lighter, matte finish...but I hope they'll be first rate, in all other areas?!

CB (Your Forum "Worry Wart!") ;>)

Damn it - I passed getting one of these for the 3rd time (I blame a Gretsch this time!) Now they are even harder to get???

Ah well - for anyone who this might help, Alto Music in Wappingers Falls had an ebony and a burst as of this past weekend. Played 'em both - no issues on either. The P90s are impressive!

Could be worth a phone-in order.

As I stated a while back, the GoldTop I saw had a very obvious wood finish flaw on the upper bout, and I would not buy it, the others seemed fine.

WTF? Have we even heard how many of each color Gibson is actually going to make? I would like to know if I need to worry about getting the one I have on preorder or not.

It looks to me like the company didn't know this model would be so popular (whose fault was that?) even before the flood.

Afterwards, why is it that this model is offered for sale virtually everywhere, when there is no apparent ability to ship?

This is disappointing on so many levels.

Certainly doesn't get me all fired up to buy much else.

Archived