Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just hope' date=' that when they do get back to production, they'll not just

crank them out, just to meet the demand, but actually take the time,

to fully sand out the carving (top) rings, and give it a decent finish.

I've seen a couple of photos, that looked ike the tops were still a bit "rough,"

prior to finishing...especially near the upper (top, not "horn") bout/neck joint.

I hope those are NOT going to be the "norm?" I realize, it's a less expensive LP,

with the lighter, matte finish...but I hope they'll be first rate, in all other areas?!

CB (Your Forum "Worry Wart!") ;>)[/quote']

+1

what was that something about patience being a what...??

Good point. Me too. Where'd you see those photos at?

Well, the overall shot, on the Gibson Website, has what looks to be some slight "dimpling"

in the Gold paint, between the toggle switch, and the fingerboard, on the upper bout. BUT...

It MAY be just shadowing, from the frets giving that illusion?? I HOPE, that's all it is! Other

photos, of the Honeyburst finish don't show anything like that, so??? I'm hoping it's just

shadowing, etc. ;>b

CB

Read this on another forum today:

"If you are ordering the godtop, prepare to wait till Christmas. There is a so much backorder for the goldtop and not enough to fulfill the first three shipments. Before you order, I suggest calling first and ask how many orders had been placed before yours and how many are they expected to receive."

I got a backorder notice from MF today

"Thank you for your recent order #S0264****

We are temporarily out of stock on the item(s) noted below, but have more on order with the manufacturer. We will ship them to you as soon as we receive them. We sincerely appreciate your patience."

Whoo! Stumbled on one in a shop its a Honey burst love it! Though I wanted a GT.........

Good for you dude. I ordered a Honeyburst one a week ago and God only knows when it'll get here. Give us a review and let us know if it's worth the wait. David

I too got a backorder notice, from guitar center's website.

My peeve about this whole thing is; I got an email from Gibson about this guitar. AFTER all the production was allocated. WTH are you thinking Gibson? How about letting people know about these thing before the window of opportunity is almost closed.

Now begins the wait to see if this guitar will materialize.

I got a backorder notice from MF today

"Thank you for your recent order #S0264****

We are temporarily out of stock on the item(s) noted below' date=' but have more on order with the manufacturer. We will ship them to you as soon as we receive them. We sincerely appreciate your patience." [/quote']

I ordered the Godtop yesterday also. MF sent me an email around 4 pm stating that the Les Paul Studio 50 Tribute was avialable for pre-order. I called them up last week regarding why they were not selling the 50s tribute LP studio. I placed the order ASAP within seconds of recieving the email.

So far I have not received that "temporarily out of stock" email. I purchased two goldtops.

I cant wait till you guys who have pre-ordered to actually get them in' date=' so we can see these bad boys in action.[biggrin'] I know there have been some pics already, but I wanna see some in action though.

There is one youtube up on this guitar already.

Ya I guess they said that this one came with a faulty toggle switch from the factory, they sent it out for repair and I musta saw it when it came back.

Remember they have 2 blacks on the wall RIGHT NOW if anyone wants them.

They also told me they had about a dozen golds. Word spread on a fender fourm a few weeks back and people all over the US bought them over the phone........

Archived