Gibson Brands Forums

Striptease

Izzy

Nowadays it's not that hard to do as a solo guitar piece' date=' although I'm tryin' to figure some different fingerings to do more of those moving bass lines.

m

[/quote']

Are you planning on doing a series of 'Late night gigs' in the near future?

Can we have the addresses?

[angry]

There's a few:

Beautiful Dangerous - Slash (feat. Fergie)

I Like Big T!Ts - Joe Walsh

I'll Be Creepin' - Free

Sensible Shoes - David Lee Roth

Now would you all please give a warm welcome to the stage:......Allison Robertson (The Donnas)

I spent a couple of years working as a DJ in strips club back in the 90's; it's actually how I made most of my income while attempting a career as a recording engineer and producer (which didn't end up panning out... "Hello, web design!").

Fire Woman is a great stripper tune and was popular back then for starting out a set because it's got lots of impact, especially if the dancer is good and can really work the pole. That's how I liked to see sets start - big energy song and performance.

Usually when a stripper starts out with a slow song, they stick with slow songs and that's generally because they're either lousy strippers or lazy and don't want to have to move too much. However, some of them can work slow songs really well and that's what works best for them; to do that though it still means that they have to be good with pole work and mix things up a bit. Just crawling and rolling around on the stage ain't gonna cut it.

One of the most memorable strippers I worked with was this girl who wasn't the best looking, but she would dance to just about anything and sure made things interesting. Sometimes she'd come out with a Catwoman mask on or carrying a bullwhip or she'd wrap scarves around her arms like she was tied to the pole and had moves that were always very purposeful and energetic. She always looked like she was enjoying the heck out of what she was doing and put a lot of energy into her sets. Customers loved her.

So, to me, it really comes down to attitude and energy. Nobody likes to watch a bored stripper... and bored strippers are usually bored because they're not getting tipped very well because they stink at their jobs because they look bored and that's why they'd rather be somewhere else. Some of them would be better off waiting tables.

I don't know if you're just asking a general question or you're looking to do this yourself for your significant other or considering it as a way to make some extra money, but the best advice I can give is to plan out some moves, be enthusiastic (or at least look it), find music you can really groove to and have fun with it.

Thundergod - I don't think I'd make a good dancer. I've the grace of a truck driver.

Having said that, if I could dance, I'd pick something fun like the sort of thing a Suicide Girl would do...a parody of a film or have costumes and a theme so I know what I'm doing. Make it silly, I'm not the sexy type.

Example:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Riverside - AWESOME, you brought out the burlesque of old. Very classy xD

My gramma approves.

RichCI - I think we're meeting eye to eye here. I've been to clubs where the girls look bored and its blah but when a girl picks a high energy song and she can actually dance, not just sway a bit and roll, it is awesome! Elizabeth Berkley in Showgirls did an awesome job demonstrating this. That girl is not one bit hot to me, nothing sexy about her until she starts dancing and then its like, "omg, that chick is amazing O.O"

For me to get into a slow dance I think I have to actually like the girl, can't be a stranger, and she has to make lots and lots of eye contact. Otherwise I know its not for me, its for the money. At least a fast dance is like a circus act, I feel way more at ease and the money is well earned for the labor.

RichCI - I think we're meeting eye to eye here. I've been to clubs where the girls look bored and its blah but when a girl picks a high energy song and she can actually dance' date=' not just sway a bit and roll, it is awesome! Elizabeth Berkley in Showgirls did an awesome job demonstrating this. That girl is not one bit hot to me, nothing sexy about her until she starts dancing and then its like, "omg, that chick is amazing O.O"

For me to get into a slow dance I think I have to actually like the girl, can't be a stranger, and she has to make lots and lots of eye contact. Otherwise I know its not for me, its for the money. At least a fast dance is like a circus act, I feel way more at ease and the money is well earned for the labor.[/quote']

Well, with some exceptions, it's mostly for the money. Generally, there are a few types who are go-go dancers (in no particular order):

1) Student working her way through college

2) Unwed mother without job skills

3) Thrill seeker (into it for kicks)

4) Lifer (this IS their occupation)

5) Boyfriend has an expensive drug habit

6) Still figuring out what they want to do and this makes them good $$$ for now

Not all strippers have baggage, but most do. There was one who was giving head in the couch dance rooms to pay for...

... get ready for it...

... her wedding.

I'm not trying to ruin your fun at hanging out at strip joints; they're a lot of fun and I still go sometimes. But it's changed a bit over the years and there are fewer and fewer girls who actually put on a decent show anymore and it seems to me that most of them aren't willing to put forth the effort (good show) to earn the money. I find this odd in an age where, if all one wants to see is naked chicks, they need only open their web browser. When it comes to nudie bars, I expect some sort of show, not just some girl swaying her hips in time (somewhat) with the music and looking bored.

I spent several years bouncing at some different topless bars when I was in college in the late 70's early 80's the song isn't critical as much as the talent of the girls dancing. The ones that were bored and stuck in the life went for the heavy stripper beat to reduce the effort required some of the younger girls that were working there way through college or just loved dancing could have danced to a dial tone. There was one truly memorable dance that danced to a mix of "Queens I want to Break free","Body Language" and " Somebody to Love" every night because everybody demanded it and thats a song set I would never had guessed at, but she was an amazing dancer. She was also in med school and used to joke that she was really looking forward to being a doctor if she could just live with the cut in pay she'd have to take as a doctor.

The ones that didn't know how to dance at all usually danced to "Bad to the Bone" which was to the strippers what Stairway is to guitar players.

Bad Company - Live for the Music and Fire Down Below from Bob Seger were both big also. In fact most of Seger's music was very popular.

"Chest Fever" from Music From Big Pink - here's a link to the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Z2o4tXESs

It was a long time ago' date=' only did it the one time, I was [b']doubledogdared[/b]...alcohol may have been somewhat involved.

I had always loved that song...so I had a spontaneous moment at an amateur night. [crying]

thats a VERY cool song Marie,, I havent heard that in a long time, but would make a cool striptease tune !!

Archived