Gibson Brands Forums

cover me, i'm going in..

jefleppard

heading over to GC in southfield today to check out the hummingbird pro.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Hummingbird-Pro-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-105495055-i1476552.gc

great price and 20% off for the father's day blowout will bring it in around $1700us. i loved the sound of aaron's on his recordings (posted in another thread). i'll keep you posted.

GC b-tards! ok, not really just dissappointing. they sold the one they haad in stock. they had the cutaway - it sounded great, amazing etc... - but i'm not a cutaway fan. my god though - these guitars even smell great and the finish was seductive. so...i'm off to GC in canton (detroit suburb) tomorrow as the hunt for GAS sublimation continues. wish me luck.

update: the canton, mi store only had the cutaway as well. the have an aj for the same price that made me weak but i am staying the course. i am trying to see if long and mcquade in canada can get one as they'll match us prices due to our proximity to the border. does anyone know if the HB pro is a special run for GC only?

The Hummingbird Pro was a model for Guitar Center only, but there might have ended up a few of this run in Europe also.

Here are the differences between the HB Pro and the reg. HB

HB Pro HB Standard

Body Custom Line Body Traditional Square Shoulder

Scale Long Short

Nut Width 1.6875" 1.725"

Finish Vintage Sunburst Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Stijn Vergeest

Gibson Europe Customer Service

00800-4GIBSON1

00800-44427661

www.gibson.com

service.europe@gibson.com

Musicians Friend also carries the Hummingbird Pro, as well as the Hummingbird Artist (wihich is the same guitar only in the "washed vintage cherry" finish.... very light burst, kinda cool. There was one of the Artists at the Roseville, MI Guitar Center on Gratiot a few days ago. They had it marked down to 1550, if I recall correctly.

Good luck.

RB

The Hummingbird Pro was a model for Guitar Center only' date=' but there might have ended up a few of this run in Europe also.

Here are the differences between the HB Pro and the reg. HB

HB Pro HB Standard

Body Custom Line Body Traditional Square Shoulder

Scale Long Short

Nut Width 1.6875" 1.725"

Finish Vintage Sunburst Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Stijn Vergeest

Gibson Europe Customer Service

00800-4GIBSON1

00800-44427661

www.gibson.com

service.europe@gibson.com[/quote']