Gibson Brands Forums

Post your Strat!

Hthomas

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this thread has been resurrected from over a year ago, I wouldn't want you to have to go back to page one to see two of my three Strats.

5443049545_59f7156f12.jpg

The retirement plan (1960), and the workhorse (Custom Shop, custom built '54 RI)

Hahahaha! I love digging up old bones. I am enjoying the thread resurrection thoroughly! I wish I had YOUR retirement plan... nice '60 Strat Larry! msp_thumbup.gif

Wish I could post pics, but can't at this point. But just look at a catalogue. Got a '97 MIM Strat in white (that has faded to a nice dark cream color) and a later made-in-Japan Strat twelve-string. Real beauty. Kinda hard for me to play, though, because I have really fat fingers and the neck is very narrow. But I love it just the same. Both are stock and "as original."

Any other Strat-12 players out there?

Don't own any Fenders. How about a 65 Gibson,Kalamazoo KG-2A. It sure looks like a Fender being made by Gibson. I'd like to see these put backout , except this time use a real nice wood. I'd buy another one

Looks really nice

With a strong whiff of Mustang....

V

:-({|=

Since this thread is still floating around from when I first commented on it ages ago I've actually acquired a new Strat (as some of you already know).

Here she is again, just in case. It's an American Standard in Frozen Charcoal made in 2010 I believe.

261684_10150222778413704_502293703_7066936_5351509_n.jpg

263505_10150222778608704_502293703_7066940_7599871_n.jpg

Nice one Artie. Love that color

I'm going to have to make a point of posting pics once I get my Clapton/Beck/'87 Strat Plus model... I've also thought of the American Deluxe too, but if I find either of the Artist models and decide I like it more than the Strat Plus, I'm bringing one home... if I don't like the Strat Plus and can't find or don't like the Artist series models I come across; I will go on the search for an American Deluxe. Either way, I'm coming back from my vacation with a Strat. :D

The Strat Plus I've got my eye on is either black or midnight blue - can't really tell from the pics... not posting the link until I know I've either got the guitar or have passed on it just to make sure it doesn't get sold right out from under me... for the Artist models, I'm hoping for Olympic White, but I'll take whatever I can get - if there's a choice in colors, I'll let the feel/sound of the guitar do the talking; but I'm hoping that there will be a white model that just happens to be the best of the batch.

Beautiful Strat, Bluesguitarist.....I kind of like the oversize headstock, 2 or 3 piece alder body (non veneered),

and the nitro-satin finish....How are the pickups ?? I hear they're similar to Tex Mex ???

I found a 2006 never gigged one for $400.00....I think I'll like the jumbo frets as well......

Archived