Gibson Brands Forums

Well, the 1976 Explorer may be leaving already...

NeoConMan

Think I might be selling my 1976 Gibson Explorer.

See Trading Post - > http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=495631post495631

Wife's idea, so don't blame me.

She really, really, really likes a Les Paul I've been looking at for a couple years.

Says I should sell the Explorer to get it.

I think she might be right on this one - she usually is....

Good luck with that Neo.

I know what you mean when it comes to wives and guitar equipment.

Mine told me I should have bought a beautiful limited edition Fender 57 Deluxe two weeks ago.

Well... now I know. Unfortunately, the only other one I've found is $700.00 more than the last one.

I think if you've had your heart set on a Les Paul and the wife says go for it, then go for it.

Yeah My wife has come a long way in the past year or so. My guitar playing/buying was something she put up with and when it got too loud she would just go to the bedroom and read.

Lately though she's come to understand a musicians passion and need to play. Reading Eric Clapton's autobio was a real epiphany for her and now she gets it.

She now knows almost as much info on my axes as I do and loves explaining the differences to visitors.

Yesterday we browsed the local guitar stores for hours with her telling me which ones I should by and why. Sweet lady!

Yeah, Mrs. Neo rocks!

Still tryin' to work a deal, everybody's out of town over the weekend.

Don't know if it'll happen, I'm kinda biding time to see how it shakes out.

Still working on the Fender Quad Reverb too, busy busy busy busy.....

The Explorer is the only guitar my wife did not want me to buy, she's learned to like it, she says the guitar looks better once is hanging on my shoulder.

It is a shame the guitar is going Neo, I personally love my Explorer and its ergonomics...funny how a guitar that looks so awkward is so balanced and comfortable to play.

The wife always knows best. I'm sure she'll help make the right decision with your help. My wife knows me better than me so I always listen to her. Heck, how can you ever go wrong with a Les Paul?? BTW, I got something on Friday (pics to follow soon)...

Yeah' date=' Mrs. Neo rocks!

Still tryin' to work a deal, everybody's out of town over the weekend.

Don't know if it'll happen, I'm kinda biding time to see how it shakes out.

Still working on the Fender Quad Reverb too, busy busy busy busy.....[/quote']

Wait, everybody's out of town and you didn't just go buy the Les Paul without selling the explorer?

What is wrong with you. Be a man and go buy that guitar and tell her you'll think about selling the explorer. Don't be a wuss, just do it. [biggrin]

Archived