Gibson Brands Forums

I'm off to Paris Island...

saturn

Bring bug spray. [biggrin]

I can tell you this is GREAT advice for this time of year! LOL I was stationed there years ago.

For other things to do, lots of really good seafood but being from Maryland I don't guess that will excite you much, other than that there's lots of historical things to search out in Savannah, GA and also Charleston, SC. If you are a golfer there's some fantastic courses around that area, especially around Hilton Head which is close by.

Tell your son thanks for me!

Water, light colored clothing, water, a wide brimmed straw hat, water, comfortable shoes, water.

And a great big THANK YOU from TommyK at the Gibson Guit tar Forum for the new Marine.

Semper Fi!

Don't forget water. I'd take three 20oz bottles times however many are traveling with you. Freeze 2/3 of them solid.

Oh, don't forget the sun screen.

And like my avatar, "Charlie", take the binoculars too.

Probably best to not try to find your Marine in the bunch, they probably are all wearing the same outfit. Just enjoy the show. [cool] Oh, yeah, sunglasses.

If you like small, lazy, antebellum, southern towns, Beauford is nice. Charleston is similar but larger- cool town. Since most people around there are still re-living the war of northern aggression on the south, there will be lots to see along that vein in Charleston. Hilton Head Island is nice, but a little commercial. The beaches north of Charleston and south of Myrtle Beach are good; great shore interdispersed with marshes and beaches. Myrtle Beach is a nightmare with lots of traffic and tourists, but lots of cool things to do.

Thanks for the comments.

We're staying in Beauford. I guess I'll really only have Wed to try and do anything other than the Marines stuff.

Family Day is Thursday, then grad on Friday and head home. Might even make my gig Saturday night [lol]

Guys. I in no way meant for this to be controversial. I'm proud of my son's commitment to serve his country, but I do understand the implications. I try to be as objective as possible and I also have to deal with the fact that I question our countries'policies too sometimes. I'm not offended by the post, and understand the intent.

Thank you all for the support and appreciation.

You have a lot to be proud of Saturn! As a former Marine; I know he will grow up fast and have a variety of experiences! I would suggest that when he gets out of boot camp, he asks for a copy of the shot record that he can keep. That goes for any other important records. Records do get lost. Just my two cents... God bless your family and our Country.

Archived