Gibson Brands Forums

Post Your Pedalboard!

chase1410

Well, I have a Vox 847 Wah-->Boss OD-->MXR Distortion +-->Swollen Pickle-->Sunn T50 Amp, looking to get a polytune, and a delay. I am supposed to have an MXR Classic Overdrive on hold for me from guitar center, but I'm not holding my breath. I went in, told them I was going out of town, and for the amount of money I have spent with them, the guy told me he would take one out of stock for me, sure hope he did.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well' date=' I have a Vox 847 Wah-->Boss OD-->MXR Distortion +-->Swollen Pickle-->Sunn T50 Amp, looking to get a polytune, and a delay. I am supposed to have an MXR Classic Overdrive on hold for me from guitar center, but I'm not holding my breath. I went in, told them I was going out of town, and for the amount of money I have spent with them, the guy told me he would take one out of stock for me, sure hope he did.[/quote']

Its a great pedal man, the only thing thats kind of cheap on it is the hammer...other then that its awesome, it has a little more grit and volume then my OCD, so its a welcome addition...and its true bypass..you cant beat it for 30$...Goodluck with GC hopefully the employee who reserved it for you, hid it in a decent place, so the other employees don't sell it...[biggrin]

Its a great pedal man' date=' the only thing thats kind of cheap on it is the hammer...other then that its awesome, it has a little more grit and volume then my OCD, so its a welcome addition...and its true bypass..you cant beat it for 30$...Goodluck with GC hopefully the employee who reserved it for you, hid it in a decent place, so the other employees don't sell it...[confused']

Well, I called and told them I was going out of town, the guy said they had them in stock, so I drove there (I told him it was 20 miles each way, its only 10) He couldn't find them, searched the whole store for about 30 minutes tearing everything apart, then found out he couldn't sell them yet, so he said he would take one aside for me, he knows me, I go there to try stuff out, and usually buy something. I hope he came through

Fred I didn't know you had a sweet Vox wah wah. Did you get it recently? Also I know I could probably google it but where are those made? I ask because my Vox was made in China. Normally I hate stuff that's made in China but I can't help but love my amp. Ironically it's out of order right now because a tube either died or needs to be reseated. I can see which tube it is and I can't figure out how to open it to access the tubes. I haven't really had any time to work on it.

Rocky does not approve of pedalboards or pedals and he makes sure we all know or reminds us every time there is a "Post you pedalboard" thread. [biggrin]

Me? I keep waiting for the "Post your deodorant brand" so I can post a picture of nothing. [-(

It was an attempt at humor, it must have gone over your head.

Nice! How do you like that Slash Sig Wah? Ive been thinking of replacing my regular crybaby

chase1410' date=' I can't compare both since I've played only once through that classic Crybaby, which is still a standard Wah. What I adore the most at the Slash Sig Wah is the extra button for distortion what changes your Wah sound completely. You can get that true overdrive gain together with the particular wah sound what results in a fat wah!(do not mix up with Fatwa, that's something else...[biggrin

Fred I didn't know you had a sweet Vox wah wah. Did you get it recently? Also I know I could probably google it but where are those made? I ask because my Vox was made in China. Normally I hate stuff that's made in China but I can't help but love my amp. Ironically it's out of order right now because a tube either died or needs to be reseated. I can see which tube it is and I can't figure out how to open it to access the tubes. I haven't really had any time to work on it.

Made in China, i am 99% sure. It works great, I got it on sale about a month ago for 50 bucks, I bought a ton o' sh¡t then. It sounds good, I just use it a little bit to add flourishes to solos and some riffs. Its just fun. I want to get an MXR Blue Box as well, and a trem

That's cool. The Blue Box is pretty cool from what I've heard although I haven't played one. As far as tremelo pedals go I think the best tremelo I've ever heard is my friend's Moog Ring Modulator pedal. That thing has cool tremelo. You can change the wave form and you have a much wider range of speeds than other tremelo pedals I've seen. It goes ridiculously fast. It goes so fast that it goes into oscillation. Not to mention the sweet ring mod tones. They're really expensive but they're worth a look. Really high quality.

Another tremelo pedal that I love is the zvex seek trem. It's a really creative pedal IMO. It's basically a sequencer with a volume pot for each channel. You can make really cool beats with it instead of just having regular tremelo. I'm a sucker for those rythmic pedals (also Moog Murf and TC Electronics nova repeater)

That's cool. The Blue Box is pretty cool from what I've heard although I haven't played one. As far as tremelo pedals go I think the best tremelo I've ever heard is my friend's Moog Ring Modulator pedal. That thing has cool tremelo. You can change the wave form and you have a much wider range of speeds than other tremelo pedals I've seen. It goes ridi****usly fast. It goes so fast that it goes into oscillation. Not to mention the sweet ring mod tones. They're really expensive but they're worth a look. Really high quality.

Another tremelo pedal that I love is the zvex seek trem. It's a really creative pedal IMO. It's basically a sequencer with a volume pot for each channel. You can make really cool beats with it instead of just having regular tremelo. I'm a sucker for those rythmic pedals (also Moog Murf and TC Electronics nova repeater)

From everything you described, THE RING THING, will do it all! Seriously for those who haven read into it, its the best Ring Modulator out there for the money, and the most musical...With its auto-tuning function its possibilities are endless...all i need now is an expression pedal so I can unlock its true capabilities.

The Ring Thing is very cool. I think the autotuning function is awesome and practical (even though I don't find it particularly hard or inconvinient to do it manually). Just my personal taste... I prefer the Moog.

I'm not really a corksniffer when it comes to analog effects but I love analog stuff. The Moog is all handwired analog and it's brilliantly designed. The best part is when you have the other Moog pedals you can use them interactively with each other. They have a bunch of inputs and outputs that let the other pedals control parts of the pedal in different ways. There is also an expression pedal. Of course all of this adds up quick $$$$ :D

I think the Moog delay is overpriced and overrated. It's awesome. But overpriced and there are better for less money.

I thought it would be hard to lear at first too, but after playing around with it for a couple nights, it's pretty easy to use and program. Once I get the settings dialed in for whatever song I'm playing, I save it and can call it back up any time. Very simple. It has 50 preset banks with 4 different sounds per bank and then 50 user banks with 4 user slots per bank. About 200 different slots you can program with your own setups. For me, it does everything I want. The only thing I don't like about it is the red LED's are way too bright. Other than that, I love it.

It was an attempt at humor' date=' it must have gone over your head.[/quote']

Unfortunately I got it, and so did the other 3 or 4 times you have done the same thing.

New material please, this forum is flatlining.

That's cool. The Blue Box is pretty cool from what I've heard although I haven't played one. As far as tremelo pedals go I think the best tremelo I've ever heard is my friend's Moog Ring Modulator pedal. That thing has cool tremelo. You can change the wave form and you have a much wider range of speeds than other tremelo pedals I've seen. It goes ridi****usly fast. It goes so fast that it goes into oscillation. Not to mention the sweet ring mod tones. They're really expensive but they're worth a look. Really high quality.

Nevermind on the Blue Box, I played on one today, and I couldn't get a good sound, it sounded muddy to me. not sure why... I couldn't get a good sound out of it. I'll pass on it for now.

Not sure on what tremolo I get, I'm gonna get a delay first, then not sure.

I need to practice...

This is the only one I have.

021.jpg

I have the GT-8, beautiful toy but since I used almost everytime the same 5 effects I've abandonned the multi-effect BOSS and created a smaller pedalboard, with less output loss, and straight forward settings ...

This is pretty much what I use exclusively now:

100_1594-1.jpg

Hey ChanMan how do you like the Vox Tonelab LE? I am considering getting the ST model. Is it true that you pretty much keep the tube sound when using it? Let me know.

Rewd.

Not using it much since I got my Mesa amp, but I am planning to put it together soon.

Guitars237.jpg

The pedals I use once in a while is the Marshalls, Echohead for all kinds of delay and the Regenerator for the ocassional modulation. (Chorus, Flanger, Phaser and Vibe)

Pedals003.jpg

Archived