Gibson Brands Forums

Post Your Pedalboard!

chase1410

Yes sir, Rewd. It has a tube in it, so it's genuine tube sound. It has, out of the box, some amazing tones and with a little tweaking, I'm not sure there is anything it can't do. I play it through both tube and SS amps with excellent results. I think AXE has gigged with the ToneLab and plugged straight into the house system. IIRC, he was pleased with the results.

The only negatives I have are that my cat seems to like to change my settings for me if I leave it on and walk away for awhile, and apparently from what AXE tells us, you can get some environmental interference.

I'd say go for it. If it's anything like my LE, you'll be happy with it. I honestly could not be more pleased.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Stiff.... how about that Blood Drive pedal? Is it like a boost or more like a distortion?

I've seen them on the stupid deal of the day for ridiculously cheap, and love the look of the pedal....

Thanks for the reply Chan, The ST model is smaller and has less effects but it does what I need. I hear you about the cats. Anyway it's cool to hear from someone who owns one in this forum. I will be getting one in a couple of mos. I'll be running thru tube amps mostly and that was my big concern. Keep On Rockin Bro!!!

Rewd.

Thanks for the reply Chan' date=' The ST model is smaller and has less effects but it does what I need. I hear you about the cats. Anyway it's cool to hear from someone who owns one in this forum. I will be getting one in a couple of mos. I'll be running thru tube amps mostly and that was my big concern. Keep On Rockin Bro!!!

Rewd.

[/quote']

Always glad to help!

I'd love to hear your review of the ST when you get it. I've not had a chance to try one out, yet.

Well, all I've been using is my Boss ME-50 multi-effects. I'm an effects dummy really. Totally clueless.

But I was playing an outdoor gig last night and it started freaking out on me. Maybe it was the unbearable humidity? [angry]

All I know is I had to play most of the gig with no Chorus, Wah, Delay....just straight amp. Hopefully my ME-50 isn't beyond repair.

Hey Stiff.... how about that Blood Drive pedal? Is it like a boost or more like a distortion?

I've seen them on the stupid deal of the day for ridi****usly cheap' date=' and love the look of the pedal....

[/quote']

It is an analog overdrive, very good. Just like the Boss SD-1 but with fatter tone and more gain if you need it.

Good enough for me to keep it even after I bought my Mesa, I only use the pedal with my other 2 amps and it is great.

I sold the Boss Dyna Drive and the Boss SD-1 will go on for trede on Craigslist.

Hey Kimbabig... how do you like that Boss Acoustic Simulator?

They sound good on the website' date=' but then they ALL sound good on the website [biggrin.

I myself think its great, I've heard reviews its not versatile but IMHO it is. I can get any guitar I own to sound like an acoustic. Definitely one of my favorite pedals.[biggrin]

Hey ChanMan' date=' Here's a pic of the Vox Tonelab ST. As you can see it is quite a bit smaller and offers less options but it still uses the same valvetronics that's in the LE. Peace Bro.

Rewd.

[img']http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab80/Rewddawg1/636544.jpg[/img]

Thanks man! I had looked at them online when I bought the LE, but I wanted the larger footprint. From what I read, though, it seemed like it offered pretty much the same stuff, just a different interface and smaller footprint. I'm glad I got the LE if the ST had fewer features [biggrin]

Thanks Kimbabig! I've been looking at those for awhile but wanted to get some feedback from an actual owner.

Think I'll put that on my Christmas list....

Im really happy, how everyone is showing off there pedals/gear and conversing with everyone....I know this aint the first one but Gibson is there any way we can make this a sticky like the other clubs? This can be the Pedalboard club![biggrin]

PS RICHCI can i trade your 1986 Rat for my new Rat!.....[biggrin] lol

Here is the "board" I use with my band but I've since taken out the delay and chorus and added a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster:

bandpedals.jpg

Here's a mess of others that I own:

pedalssm.jpg

I like pedals.

Wow, VERY nice collection!!

Unfortunately I got it' date=' and so did the other 3 or 4 times you have done the same thing.

New material please, this forum is flatlining.[/quote']

You win, I won't reply to the next 5 post your pedal board threads. After that, I'll be back with my wooden floor schtick.

I have a few pedals, but hardly use them. imo the best sound comes from your guitar direct into a Marshall . your fingers make the sounds.

My Gear :-)

‘10 LP R0 50th Anniversary Version 3 1/500 (Cherry Burst)

‘09 LP R9 50th Anniversary (Heritage Dark Burst) 1/500, Bought 4-2010 new

‘10 PRS 25th Anniversary Santana Model ,10Top / Santana Yellow

‘09 LP R9 50th. Anniversary 1 of 59 (Rust Burst)

‘09 LP R0 Standard Ebony VOS

‘09 “Wildwood” CS - 356 Quilted maple & Korina

‘05 Les Paul Standard Faded T.B.( Peter Green mod )

‘08 50th comm.edition, G.O.M. Flying V

‘08 July G.O.M. Longhorn Double Cut BV (Trans Blue)

‘08 Firebird VII (metallic red)

‘10 SG Bass Heritage Cherry

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (black / rosewood neck)(Fat‘50’s pups)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (natural / maple neck)

1999 MIM Fender Stratocaster ’70’s reissue (white / maple neck)(‘69 pups)

1987 Japan Squier by Fender, Stratocaster (white / maple neck)

1986 Ovation Model # 1767-Legend

‘08 Marshall JVM 210H - 1960 AX Cabinet

‘10 Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

photo-40.jpg

Here's my humble collection. As you can see they're not hooked up because I really don't use them much (and I'm lazy).

The wah is a Dunlop Jimi Hendrix signature Crybaby. It's pretty old my dad gave it to me. The action is really fast with little resistance. I can do some cool stuff with it. I used to use it all the time but I don't anymore.

The Big Muff is obviously the Russian model. It sounds really thick and saturated but it still retains a lot of clarity. It sounds awesome. I used to just stick it to the magnet on the back of the speaker in my Peavy to transport it. I think that may have changed it a little bit. I don't know. It's been beaten around a lot.

The Chorus is an old Boss ce-3. It sounds AWESOME. Boss really doesn't make them like they used to. It also does stereo which is pretty cool.

The Boss delay also sounds good but is a little messed up. The pitch shifter really sucks but the delay is good. This was my dads and he gave it to me.

whats everybodies 'go-to' distortion/overdrive pedal? Mines either my new MXR classic overdrive or my Fulltone OCD...im thinking of maybe selling my modded DS-1 boss and ProCo Rat for that new pedal demoon showed us...that thing was incredible, and germandude did a great job demoing it..

Archived