Gibson Brands Forums

Get Connected w/Gibson Chairman & CEO Henry Juszkiewicz

Gibson CS

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=35994

Always at the cutting edge of innovation and connectivity, Gibson Guitar is pleased to announce a new forum, 4henry.gibson.com, which will allow fans to speak directly with Gibson Chairman and CEO Henry Juszkiewicz. The forum will be a venue for serious discussion on topics ranging from guitars to marketing and business ideas.

“I would love to get suggestions,” said Mr. Juszkiewicz, “from how the company works to what products you would like to see from us.”

Story:

http://www.gibson.com/en...res/4henry-gibson-0714/

Henry's forum:

http://4henry.gibson.com

If he can convince me that anyone in Gibson Acoustic has ever heard of a market called UK, then I'd be delighted to take tea with him.

But as I represent a mythical, once exploited, customer base then I'd be betting on taking tea with Father Christmas riding a unicorn eating a fresh dodo egg!

We used to buy Gibson in the 60s and 70s and some of us still try.

Even Hercules only had 12 labours, takes more than that to try 2 Gibson acoustics in the same town in the same month over here.

Well I registered on the new forum and am not happy to see that there seems to be a movement there already to turn it into pretty much a duplicate of this forum. Geez. We already have a forum to discuss all the little issues about guitar models, colors, cords, straps and all the other gadgets that go along with guitar playing. The Henry Forum should be just that, and that alone......a place to direct questions to the Gibson management team. I really don't think they are much concerned with which particular pickup sounds best in your Les Paul.......take your guitar mods questionc to the Gibson Forum that already has plenty of that kind of thing.

Please don't remake this forum in a new place.

Johnt.....just as an aside, when you were in the US on your vacation, would it have been possible for you to buy a guitar here, and take it back with you to England? (especially if it were vintage and used) Or would they bend you over a barrel for duty and other taxes? Just wondering, may be worth a trip back here....lol....Wily

If he can convince me that anyone in Gibson Acoustic has ever heard of a market called UK' date=' then I'd be delighted to take tea with him.

But as I represent a mythical, once exploited, customer base then I'd be betting on taking tea with Father Christmas riding a unicorn eating a fresh dodo egg!

We used to buy Gibson in the 60s and 70s and some of us still try.

Even Hercules only had 12 labours, takes more than that to try 2 Gibson acoustics in the same town in the same month over here.

[/quote']

I don't understand the negativity here. The CEO of the company that builds the instruments we love has created a dedicated forum to read our criticism and respond to our input. I don't know of another CEO who has done this. To ask that he read this forum seems misguided. He'd have to wade through all of our nonsense (and I admit responsibility for some of that nonsense). We should all jump at the opportunity to engage Henry J. in a productive conversation about Gibson guitars.

JT, I agree. If we don't give it a chance, it will, of course, fail. If it is a cynical ploy, it will also fail. But the chance that it is a sincere attempt to reach out and listen is well worth the small effort it takes to be open-minded about it. There is a lot of sophisticated knowledge about guitars in general and Gibson guitars specifically among the members of this forum. I hope some of that knowledge will be offered up to the CEO.

[crying][lol] It would be great to talk to this man ,hope i get a chance he has most of my money i can remmember maybe he will give some of us new franchishes to sell Gibsons in our home tonws ,imagine the possobilities we would be good salesmen for sure just need a small stake to get going! by the way I think Ive just bought the ultimate Gibson acoustic a j165 (no cutaway or scrathchplate bright ,bright sound I am blown away compared to the j200 its so Alive,anybody got one ? maple back and sides ebony fretboard, pretty? (Didnt mean to gate crash ,Sorry)

I don't understand the negativity here. ...

No big mystery about it. A lot of folks have decided Henry can do no right; hence, no matter what he does, it's wrong and only confirms how horrible he is.

-- Bob R

I like that forum - it's a big messy, but it's also new and has no moderation other than Henry himself, that I've seen.

I especially like that it uses our real names - maybe people will think twice about what they say without the anonymity of a display name. I'm not saying it should limit our input, but perhaps what is said will be more civil than some of the statements than are used here.

JT' date=' I agree. If we don't give it a chance, it will, of course, fail. If it is a cynical ploy, it will also fail. But the chance that it is a sincere attempt to reach out and listen is well worth the small effort it takes to be open-minded about it. [/quote']

One of the biggest gripes about Gibson is that they don't listen to anyone (especially their customers). Even if this is a PR stunt, it's basically what we've been asking for. So we should support it.

Archived