Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite book genres

Kimbabig

I read and write mostly Fiction, so it's probably my favorite. I'm big into non fiction and historical fiction as well, though, as I do my middle ages research :-k

Shame there was no option for just "Yes"

[biggrin]

I like sci fi largely because the successful stuff is written by people who know what they're writing about.

Asimov is an example; David Drake is perhaps a more current example.

I read so much "non-fiction" for work that...

As for "the news" being "fiction," I'd disagree. It's just that we have so many perspectives that reading or listening to just one nowadays does create difficulty.

m

No combination option? Some books feature elements of pretty much all the genres listed in the poll.

Big Stephen King fan here [thumbup]

Sorry but there wasn't enough room for that option.

Favorite authors anyone. Its Terry Goodkind and David Gemmell for me.

Well... right now it's Bernard Cornwell and Robert Jordan (Saxon series by Cornwell and I'm finally finishing off the Wheel of Time series), but Robert E. Howard, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Stephen King are probably my 3 all time favorites.

Well... right now it's Bernard Cornwell and Robert Jordan (Saxon series by Cornwell and I'm finally finishing off the Wheel of Time series)' date=' but Robert E. Howard, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Stephen King are probably my 3 all time favorites.

[/quote']

Right now Im on the Archer's Tale by Cornwell.

Currently reading "Letters Home from Vietnam". After each letter they provide a few sentences as to the current status of the writer. Ranges from stockbroker in NY to KIA a few days after the letter was written.

Not exactly happy reading.

Currently reading "Letters Home from Vietnam". After each letter they provide a few sentences as to the current status of the writer. Ranges from stockbroker in NY to KIA a few days after the letter was written.

Not exactly happy reading.

Not really the same war but I always dug books about WWII POW's.

I read a lot of rock biographies. This year I read Levon Helm's book on the band and Greg Kot's book on Wilco. Goodbye 20th Century: A Biography of Sonic Youth is next on my list.

I did take a break from the rock bios to get to know Philip K. ****. Finished off The Man in the High Castle and

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?. Both killer reads if you like early to mid 20th century sci-fi.

For sci fi and fantasy...

http://www.baen.com/

To check out some of Jim B's authors - including some mentioned above:

http://www.baen.com/library/

Chan man...

You've read Vegetius? A good non-fiction read that gives some insights into your middle ages stuff. It's said that Richard I carried a copy all the time - and I'll wager William the Marshall did as well.

m

No combination option? Some books feature elements of pretty much all the genres listed in the poll.

Big Stephen King fan here #-o

Really liked Stephen King's The Eyes of the Dragon as well as The Stand. Michael Crichton wrote some of my favorites though.

Chan man...

You've read Vegetius? A good non-fiction read that gives some insights into your middle ages stuff. It's said that Richard I carried a copy all the time - and I'll wager William the Marshall did as well.

m

I have not, sir! Thanks!!! I've found an online version of "De Re Militari" and will dig right in #-o

Very cool! ( I know, my history geek is showing.... /chuckle)

Stephen King's Dark Tower series is every genre....and pretty kickass!

I cry your pardon, gunslinger!

I gotta get around to finishing THAT series, too. When last I was reading, they were all telling riddles on Blaine the Mono....

Archived