Gibson Brands Forums

People keep telling me these strings are really good.

dem00n

Yeah' date=' alot of famous blue plays have their own cutsom made light gauge strings.[/quote']

I might have to buy a set an try it out... not sure which guitar to use it on though. My LP is set up for me, not sure how power chords and rhythm playing would be on the light strings, and my Strat is set up for slide...

Man that would be a trip going from 12's to 7's.....I'm trying to get a lot of my practice down on 12's, solos, chord progressions, riffs, etc.... Then once I switch back down to 10's or at the most 9's, I wonder if it will be easier or just a lot faster? Anyone else ever do something like that. Practice on heavier gauges and then switch back to the lighter ones. I've heard that a lot of the blues players, especially BB, barely press down on the strings and when they bend its very fluid. Using lighter gauge strings would help with this I'm sure.

I play almost entirely fingerstyle on electric.

Mostly 9-42, but...

On the reeeeally nice neck of that old Guild SG, 8-38. But the neck really has to be good and the action really low. Even so you've gotta ensure that your angle on the strings is pretty much 90 degrees to the fret or you'll bend when you don't wanna bend.

m

Archived