Gibson Brands Forums

I just got a delivery..... JP is in the house!!!

daveinspain

Just got the JP EDS 1275... arrived safe and sound. I'll post some picks after she gets a good clean and Polish!!! :-k/

Tim; the case fits perfect in the chest... two fingers space on each end.

Here are a couple quickie photos just to get something posted...

Please excuse this non LP post but I had a few requests for some picks....

CIMG2240.jpg

CIMG2242.jpg

The JP EDS 1275 has an extra long throw... regular EDS 1275 have a much shorter throw.... I'm not even sure what advantages there are with a longer throw but I have been told its much easier to get strings for the regular EDS... Most strings wont reach the far end tuners on the JP version... But it is exactly like the one Page used live on stage....

If anyone has some insight on positioning the stop bar further away from the bridge do tell... :-)

That is quite a haul for the strings to go from one end to the other isn't it. You need to buy special strings for it?

Beautifull ax by the way so congrats!

I'm really digging your chest o' guitars too, great idea. Thanks for sharing, doesn't matter to me if this forum isn't 100% les paul related. Need some variety sometimes ...

Having longer strings is supposed to give a)better sustain, b)better tone (highly debatable) and c)makes bending easier.

At least thats what ive heard.

I got to say Dave, you have quite a colection of guitars, the last being the one i like most... allways have been a sucker for doublenecks...

3 questions:

a) what other differences are there between the normal doubleneck and the JP?

:-$ is that silver case in the bottom your robots case? i didnt know they came with such fancy cases!

c) is that one of them "Tim A (patent pending) gibson guitar shelves"? It looks nice, did you built it yourself? did you mangae to qrite "gibson" on top? (how?)

If it is "one of those Tim As" well damn, those things are multiplying by the second (if somebody was kind enough to give me some specs i would build one!).

This is quite funny!

We have been lured into Dave's thread by his JP doubleneck but Thundergod, Guitarslinger, and myself are all admiring his furniture!

So tell us where ya got it from so we can buy them too! :-$

Dave, that's killer!

is that one of them "Tim A (patent pending) gibson guitar shelves"? It looks nice' date=' did you built it yourself? did you mangae to qrite "gibson" on top? (how?)

If it is "one of those Tim As" well damn, those things are multiplying by the second (if somebody was kind enough to give me some specs i would build one!).[/quote']

Yes, it is. Dave bought the design...the check is in the mail. O:)

There's no specs really. Figure out how many shelves you want and measure the biggest guitar case. Then, add 2 or 3 inches to the length, width & height. For the top piece, add maybe another 1/2 inch or so to create a lip. That's it really.

If you want to give me your email, I can send you close up shots.

Yes the guitar chest is Tim A's design... I happened to see it in one of his photo equipped threads. I Told him how much I liked it and what a great idea I thought it was and asked him if he would send me the design specs so I could build one too... Tim, being the great guy he is, was happy to share and sent me some basic dimensions and instructions and suggestions, so I built one. I'll look to see if I can find the paper I used to order the wood anywhere so if anyone else wants to build one, with Tim's permission, I can help... I told Tim he should market the chest but he seemed think the market was to small for it to turn a profit.

I used wooden dowels on the edges to make the rounded ends. I made mine a little bigger than Tim's as he told me not to cut myself short and make sure my biggest case will fit... I used a piano hinge on the top cover and a couple of little air shocks to help raise and lower the lid. I also padded and lined the upper compartment with velvet for a special guitar project I am working on... :-)

CIMG2115.jpg

Thunder... Here is a link that has all the specs of the JP EDS 1275... http://www.gibson.com/jimmypage/ There are many differences so I think this will be easier but here are a few; Machine heads, pups, finish, finger board...etc

Oops Sorry I forgot...

Thunder, yes the silver case is a Robot case... at least thats how the case is for the first run Robots. I don't know what the regular production Robot cases are like.

I did not get the Gibson logo on my lid... I'm not as talented as Tim A. I was thinking of putting glass in the center of the lid to see in but some friends said they though it would look too much like a coffin...

I did not get the Gibson logo on my lid... I'm not as talented as Tim A. I was thinking of putting glass in the center of the lid to see in but some friends said they though it would look too much like a coffin...

It's not that hard really, all you need is a router, a steady hand and some patience.

I got the image from the net, printed it to the size I wanted, cut out the letters with an exacto knife, then traced it onto the wood with a pencil. I did a few practice runs and was good to go.

Jessenoa... The pups sound great but I'm just hearing them in my studio and not threw an amp... Wish I could be of more help. The pups you have in your double neck I'm sure sound great too so, for the amount of time you use the double neck I'm not sure if it would be worth extra the money. I think in a live show there is enough Wooow factor just strapping the thing on and walking out on stage... :-)

Dave you Rock man, sweet axe. I think I'm gonna change my name to Craiginspain. I think they put the stop bars so far in the back of the body so the mounting hardware doesn't interfer with the wiring and electronics, and if the screws go into the chambered part of the body it causes cracks.

Hey Axe' date=' Almaraz is more in the interior of Spain, close to Portugal... I'm in Valencia, eastern coast of Spain about half way down the coast... Bike weather all year round![/quote']

Just asking . I've been there twice ... Hot !!!

• 1 year later...
Just got the JP EDS 1275... arrived safe and sound. I'll post some picks after she gets a good clean and Polish!!! =D>/

Tim; the case fits perfect in the chest... two fingers space on each end.

Here are a couple quickie photos just to get something posted...

Please excuse this non LP post but I had a few requests for some picks....

CIMG2240.jpg

I remember that someone here built that kind of chest with "GIBSON" written on the top... impossible to find that pic. If someone has it....

Archived