Gibson Brands Forums

This is one interesting Epiphone!?

brad1

Ummmmmmm .... "interesting" ......to say the least.

I just want to know where Alaska and Hawaii are?

Perhaps they come as a pedal and a stompbox ?? Hawaii could be a wah pedal - the HaWAH-ii pedal, or something .... [-o<

I think the same about them now as I did twenty five years ago when they first came out and very few people paid attention even then-that they look (to borrow a term from our kippers for breakfast eating friends) naff. The ones from '83 (Both Gibson and Epiphone had a version) were made in Nashville and that didn't even save them. Alaska and Hawaii were hiding because they were too embarrassed to be seen with such a goofy looking guitar.

...and Al's your uncle.

Thanks for the info Iconoclast. The ad says they made 500 of them in 2005. And there are 3 left. In 3 years they have only sold 497 of them. I wonder who they are? Anybody on here willing to admit? And I always thought Alaska and Hawaii were smarter than the rest of the others.

...The ones from '83 (Both Gibson and Epiphone had a version) were made in Nashville and that didn't even save them...

...and Al's your uncle.

So true, Uncle Al.

I remember seeing the spare bodies for these so called "map" guitars just laying around on shelves in the storage area at Gibson. That was 1990 and it did appear that they had 7 years of dust on them!

I remember when the Gibson version came out in the 80s. A local guitar store had one. Everybody would look at it and go, "Huh...interesting." I don't recall seeing anyone ever take it off the wall.

Luther Allison had one...he is the only famous player...hell, the ONLY player PERIOD I ever saw hang one off his neck.

It looks really heavy and uncomfortable. Yes, I am saying this as an Epi double-neck owner...

I don't see how you could cut a piece of wood in that shape and not have the Florida' date=' Maine, Louisiana and Texas peninsulas break off. Or is it...dare I say it?...the dreaded PLYWOOD body?

[/quote']

I'm waiting for the official "Civil War" replica. The top part would be blue and the

bottom part (below the neck..Mason-Dixon) line would be gray. It would have

a "Old Glory" on the top part and the "Battle Standard"? (Stars and Bars?) on the

bottom. Of course, this one would have North-South Humbuckers, blue-grey,

never mind those zebras...and both coils would fight each other, so the sounds

of the two coils conflict would be loud and spectacular!

'Course, I'm a wood carver, so if you guys want to commission me, I'd be honoured to build one for

you...at $100,000. US..maybe Canuck dollars..well whichever ones are worth

more these days.

Forgot to add..April Fool!

=P~

I don't see how you could cut a piece of wood in that shape and not have the Florida' date=' Maine, Louisiana and Texas peninsulas break off. Or is it...dare I say it?...the dreaded PLYWOOD body?

[/quote']

Texas is pretty solid, Maine too, Florida. Where the hell is Louisiana? I'm not familiar with this place, isn't that in the middle of the US or what? (looking for another unstable-looking peninsula...)

[quote=Amino Moore

Here's the China Custom Shop version which does not dig into your thigh.

It's still got that little appendage at the bottom right where your thigh would go.

Now that would be uncomfortable as the tip of Lou-e-zee-ana

Why not just drill a hole in the middle and install a battery clock in it. =P~

Texas is pretty solid' date=' Maine too, Florida. Where the hell is Louisiana? I'm not familiar with this place, isn't that in the middle of the US or what? (looking for another unstable-looking peninsula...)[/quote']

It's the piece sticking out between texas and florida.

'Course not! Everybody knows only the President has the power to hold the US of A in his own two hands and try to make harmony.

Good one Gary!

You got me thinking....... maybe that terrorist Osama and his bunch will start a band and, secretly of course, stage a concert where several members destroy their American map guitars at the beginning of the show (rather than at the end). And maybe one sets his on fire. ........and than one of those American drone flying gizmos spots them, and takes 'em all out!

Kamikaze!!!! ..............

I think "The Dub" was planning to fund the war with the profits from his band's free concerts. Now that he's found out there are no profits, he's commissioning a special investigator to determine who took them. If it turns out that the band's manager (the usual suspect) absconded with the funds, he plans to have harsh words with his Daddy.

There's one by Gibson at my local guitarcenter =D They wouldn't me play or touch it =

I can understand that..that guitar is probably worth seven or eight hundred bucks...maybe even a grand..can't have just anyone molesting it.

...and Al's your uncle.

Archived