Gibson Brands Forums

Stupid Deal G-310 Sg arrived!

hughes08ALCY

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... though we had another headstock reshaper among us.

Yeah I learned about boring tuner holes the same way, on my first Junior DC. It's, shall we say, a little ugly on the back of the headstock. Now I use countersinking bits which work like a dream.

Actually' date=' your behaviour shows that you do not appreciate my differences, or else you wouldn't have gone on this rant in the first place.

............I don't consider it a rant. And I think you're being hysterical.

Unlike you, I respect your right to disagree,

............that's not unlike me. name caller.

but remember that just as there are some that may disagree with me, there are also many who will agree

.........I don't need to hear this silliness that any child would know.

As to calling people's guitars turds, well, it becomes painfully obvious that any level of explanation as to what was meant with that will go over your head.

..........There has not been, nor will there be a day you go over my head.

You insult people, and you state your opinion as if it's total fact, that's why it's NOT just an expression..

For some reason you've taken a simple piece of advice as a personal insult (which is doubly amusing since I wasn't even replying to you in the first place)

...........Really. You have this nasty habit of projecting things on me that have nothing to do with me.

Creating a straw man to attack, as if I have to defend against that. I don't.

I didn't take it personally, except of course for that attitude of yours in the insult which was personal to anyone who differs!.. but I'm glad you're amused.

They say crazy people laugh all the time.

and furthermore, judging by your [i']ad hominem[/i] form of discussion, you seem unable to separate my meaning from my literary style of expression... and it is not my job nor my desire to educate you beyond your current level of comprehension.

......well.. the above was the most psuedo intellectual claptrap I've ever run into. You have no literary style of expression in a guitar forum. If you mean you just type without thinking, I can go along with that.

I will put my level of comphrension against your fanatasy based ideas of me any time.

I guess you'll just have to stop reading my posts since (a) you don't seem to understand what I'm saying and (#-o you are unable to respond intellectually instead of emotionally.

..........this is nonsense and you know it. You're the one making big statements of hysterical nature. You're taking this all way too seriously, my lad.

I understand that you keep saying silly contradictory things, and you don't like me pointing it out.

FOR INSTANCE:

you said: In my opinion it's a waste of time to spend money on a $210 guitar in some attempt to make it into a $300 guitar.

and I have to say that is the single dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life about guitars.

In your opinion a 90.00 worth of pickups wont make 90.00 worth of difference.

How in the hell can I take anyone who thinks like that seriously?

Of course it will. Do you suppose if epi took out their stock pups and put in tinkertoys the value of the guitar wouldnt' go down?

Of course it would.

Seriously, that's a major malfunction you should consult a psychologist about, right there.

AND ANOTHER THING:

You said hundreds of dollars, plural, and when I objected to that, you changed it to 90.00.

90.00 is not hundreds.

yet that escaped you.. entirely!

AND ANOTHER THING:

YOU SAID: every time someone posts on here you pop in with a reply of all the stuff you have to sell and how your stuff is better than anything else.

... and we all know that's a damn lie. A total fabrication. but you know, being an experienced liar, no doubt, that nobody is going to check all my posts.. it's just sad. you have to accuse me of all sorts of overreaction, yet your own reactions have ranged from mindreading, statement changing, personal accusations of which you have no knowledge, and outright lies.

really.. you should stop reading my posts. you're going to get a headache.

AND ALSO THIS STUPIDITY:

YOU SAID: One more time. What others consider has no bearing on my point of view, just as my point of view has no bearing on what others consider unless they want it to. You really have a hard time accepting or even understanding this; with you, it's 'your way or the highway'.

.. do you see it.. you start off saying other peoples considerations have no bearing on your view.. then you accuse ME of 'my way or the highway'..

look, I don't say you're opinion isn't right for you.. in fact I said just the opposite.. what I do say is when you express your opinion on this by using a phrase like polishing a turd. which is insulting to anyone in here who spent a nickel on his epi.. *have you???*.. and then back that up with the silliness that a 210 guitar can never become a 300 guitar.. when in fact it certainly can! Do you think that pickups and tuners and electronics have no value at all unless they come stock? *L* my god.. you have no idea how hard I'm laughing at that.

it's just nuts.

AND THEN YOU RANT SOME MORE..

I suggest, however, that you do go and look up the meaning of the word 'forum', since it appears that either you don't know what it means or you just prefer to ignore it. Once again you've completely derailed a thread with your own selfish concerns and if you want to keep banging your head on this particular wall, go ahead, but I will remind you once again that your last little tantrum merely ended up getting the entire thread deleted by admin. I've said all I have to say at this point and as far as I am concerned this subject is closed.

---

YOU had the tantrum. not me. I objected and do object to your polishing a turd opinion, and I say it's wrong.

not only is it wrong in view of the many people here who upgrade their guitars, but in fact it runs contrary to the whole tradition of upgrading guitars for tone playability or looks, which has gone on for years, even resulting in new companys.

You sir are the selfish person. you are the hysterical person. you are a liar, and you have poor comprehension, not I.

I say again

It's not turd polishing.

We don't play turds.

I'd bet I have, by the way, LOTS more money in gear than you do.. and nothing I have goes past me without it being tweaked.

I have no patience with someone who simply wants to appear somehow to be superior, which you obviously do, and who then fails to say why they are.

there is no mystery to guitars worth this argument.. simple changes in hardware and electronics as well as set up can and do increase the value of instruments.

always has, always will.

and now to more important things.

Where's my TURD?...I lost my TURD and I was just polishing it last night. Did I flush my TURD? Did I over-polish my TURD? RotcanX and TWANG.......You are both beyond this.....Let's go play Epiphone/Gibson Guitars now........J

Where's my TURD?...I lost my TURD and I was just polishing it last night. Did I flush my TURD? Did I over-polish my TURD? RotcanX and TWANG.......You are both beyond this.....Let's go play Epiphone/Gibson Guitars now........J

My feelings exactly. I've had my say and to say that this has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous would be an understatement.

who the hell buys a G-310 and then upgrades it to a G-400? Do you drop the stock pickups into it or something? Or get some SD or DiMarzio or Gibson pickups????

the minute you put something other than what's in the "Upgraded model" into it, you're no longer upgrading to that model.

I'd bet I have' date=' by the way, LOTS more money in gear than you do.. and nothing I have goes past me without it being tweaked.

I have no patience with someone who simply wants to appear somehow to be superior, which you obviously do, and who then fails to say why they are.

[/quote']

The 2nd statement totally contradicts the first. You're bragging that you have more money in gear (which by the way is completely immature and unfounded in any kind of truth) and then you call him superior?

Awww.... and I was so looking fwd to the scratching and the hair pulling !!!!

While I agree that the mods I've done on my epi's may not increase their resale value, it still increases the playability and tone,and appearence factor,and in my book that's of value to me!!!

Just one thing has me confused about all of this.

Do you polish the turd after you get g.a.s. or is it the other way around?

Heh ..... and I imagine a polishing cloth may be in order ??? My "facial quality toilet tissue" just don't cut it when it comes to doodie polishing duty....#-o

My feelings exactly. I've had my say and to say that this has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous would be an understatement.

This thread used to be sublime? #-o

[bTW' date= I love your mods, Tuk. I don't really care about the "philosophy" behind whether or not you should have done it.]

The 2nd statement totally contradicts the first. You're bragging that you have more money in gear (which by the way is completely immature and unfounded in any kind of truth) and then you call him superior?

you're doing the same thing he does. ascribing bragging to a statement about modifying guitars.

what I said was clearly, I modify my guitars and probably have a lot more money in gear than you do.

it doesn't mean hey look at all my stuff.. it means look at what I do with it.

I don't really care about all this labelling crap.. you come to your own conclusions about who thinks they're superior.

I'll say once more, epiphones are not turds. not even the two cheap ones I own can be called that.

polishing is a lousy word to use to describe making changes which enhance playability, tone and looks on guitars.

Nobody with a lick of sense can tell me that a guitar can't be improved beyond it's stock value.

He's wrong about this and that's the only point, besides he's rude about it.

Now, I'm gonna go shine my pee.

We've been through and through this conversation and I guess it's time to do it again. We've all agreed that an Epi can be a great guitar. It just takes a little time and money thrown in to sweeten it to taste. I haven't touched a g 310, but I imagine it's a decent body with a neck that's playable. Past that, it's improvable. If the neck is a bolt-on, so is a Fender. After all, if you can buy a great Epi LP for $399, an SG on sale for $200 should be a decently made guitar.

My only experience with an SG style guitar was an early/mid 70's Gibson SG that I bought new. It growled and sounded great. My only complaint about it was that it lacked sustain. I used to use a compressor to extend the sustain on lead notes. That, I attributed to the thin body (which I liked because it played close in to MY body). Now, I see advertisements that claim endless sustain on an SG.

I got the playability and the Angus growl out of that guitar and I wish that I hadn't traded it when I bought my USA Strat.

Archived