Gibson Brands Forums

Guitarcouches

Ricochet

Rainbow tie-dye IS period correct for a red 355 with a Bigsby (would work fine with an SG too!). That's a late 60's museum-worthy display right there!

And for musicians, it's a sofa, not a couch, as in " do-ti-la-SO-FA-mi-re-do." (how quickly we descend --- or at least the thread did)#-o

I hear the critters a a little tricky and hard to sneak up on !

Nah' date=' you lure them in. Dress in bellbottoms (or anything paisley if you have no class at all), put on some Teddy Pendergrass, light some incense and candles, and leave the front door open. Hey, even if there aren't any naugas in [i']your[/i] neighborhood, someone else may trip the trap.

Nah' date=' you lure them in. Dress in bellbottoms (or anything paisley if you have no class at all), put on some Teddy Pendergrass, light some incense and candles, and leave the front door open. Hey, even if there aren't any naugas in [i']your[/i] neighborhood, someone else may trip the trap.

Careful here, I still like paisley !!! LOL !

Rainbow tie-dye IS period correct for a red 355 with a Bigsby (would work fine with an SG too!).

Gibson_es347td_1983_cherry_fullfront.jpg

My wife tells me I can't match colors worth a damn. But blinded by tie-dye colors or not, I'd never put a chrome Bigsby on a guitar with gold hardware. Maybe that's just me though, but then again ... she tells me my socks match today. #-o

- Jay

Now wait a minute! Where are these couches made? And, is the framework REAL mahogany? Or, is it that Agathis stuff?

I don't wan't to see good guitars propped on up on cheap imitation couches with crummy wood and fake naugahyde.

It just wouldn't be right...

My wife tells me I can't match colors worth a damn. But blinded by tie-dye colors or not' date=' I'd never put a chrome Bigsby on a guitar with gold hardware. Maybe that's just me though, but then again ... she tells me my socks match today. #-o

- Jay[/quote']

My senses were so assaulted by that sofa I didn't even notice the (I think that's) nickel or chrome (after-market) Bigsby which looks like it replaced a TP-6 tail piece but now that I actually look at the guitar there's a whole lot of weirdness going on...for one thing it was pointed out that the tie dyed sofa was period correct but that's not a late 60's ES-355...more like an early 80's ES-347 (wrong headstock for an ES-355...but it seems to be missing its coil tap switch which I do think they eliminated at some point in the 80's...hmmm)...they replaced the original machine heads with Schaller M-6s probably because they fit the footprint of the the original Gibson Schallers which they started using in the mid-70's but it has the late 60's/early 70's witch hat knobs..and a late 70's early 80's Nashville Tuneamatic bridge and the label is an early 80's Nashville label...so what year is this guitar supposed to be?...early 80's I'm guessing?

You must be getting better, bluestringer. You sense of humor is back.

Those two cats (out of 5) are the prime reason the couch looks like it does.

(Actually, to tell the truth, it's a brand-new couch under all that stuff & I keep it covered up to keep those cats from ruining it. Although I had 'em all declawed so they can do minimal damage).

Is it me or do the pix of those left-handed guitars just look........wrong?

Well, if it's that bad....you could just print 'em out and look at 'em with a mirror...

:-

And yeah...they are "wrong" in the sense that a lot of the hardware (nickel plated and gold) is mixed and matched...

I guess to a degree, I sort of enjoy the notion that there probably aren't too many guitars (if any) that look...EXACTLY like mine...(and hell, who knows? Since I'm a leftie, there may not be any other guitars in the whole world that look...exactly like these...heheheheh)

Archived