Gibson Brands Forums

I pulled the trigger on the Riviera

JefferySmith

LOL!!!! I KNEW you'd do this! Good for you! Don't think you'll regret it...at least' date=' not from the guitar itself. ;>b

Congratulations, Jeff!

CB[/quote']

I usually fold before you do. I held out for...72 hours before folding. Now the Slash models make sense. When something comes out that isn't a Slash model, we get really excited!!!!!!!!!!

I usually fold before you do. I held out for...72 hours before folding. Now the Slash models make sense. When something comes out that isn't a Slash model' date=' we get really excited!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

Well, I kind of have a "weakness" for Semi's, and Riviera's in particular...unconventional, or not.

And, I particularly like the fact, that this one has NO one's name attached to it, except Epiphone!

Enjoy, my friend...

CB

Everyone, and Jeff (IF you "Live"...lol), you'll want to get a guitar cord, with an right-angle plug, if you don't have one, already. The input jack (being on top) is right in the path of the vibrato arm...so a straight plug will stop it's movement. A right-angle plug is low enough, when plugged in, that the arm misses it, with lots of room to spare. I hadn't thought about that, inititially, because my other Bigsby equipped guitars (Gretsches) all have the input jacks on the side/edges. So, straight plugs are no problem, with them.

CB

I'm a dead man. I couldn't resist it. My wife will kill me. Who told us about this guitar? Was it Bender?!!!! =D>

Too funny!!!

I went through the same scenario with my wife with the recent purchase of my JL Rev. But I told her I haven't purchased a guitar since we've been married, so she went for the idea. Plus the money came out of my "secret stash" that isn't a secret anymore.:)

Jeff' date=' CB, & me. Who else ordered them? I can't help but think they'll be gone soon.[/quote']

I bet you are right Slim.... if Epi has any smarts, this would be a good one to bring back tho. I bet it is out selling the Slash right now (like that would be hard to do).

A real Epi original and great looking also...from CB's and your review a nice player to boot.

Damn wish I could hit the Lotto...lol

Capt

Or you can do what my brother does. He orders them & when they arrive he tells his wife that they are mine & he' just borrowing them. His wife has such a short attention span that it always works-dispite the fact that he's been 'borrowing' some of those guitars for years.......:)/

Archived