Gibson Brands Forums

Rockstands?

tvyelwhiteflag

Anyone here use those RockStand guitar stands? http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/RockStand-by-Warwick-5Guitar-Folding-Stand?sku=455001

They look like they'll do the trick well and they look like they'll save some space too, but are they any good? I like the idea of a more solid way of displaying my guitars. Who has one of these?

I have the Rockstand that holds 5 electric guitars. I've had it several years now and never had any problems. Its built well and does what it is intended to do. It can be a little tight if you have 3 or so electrics and a acoustic on it. I would recommend buying the 7 guitar stand to allow yourself plenty of room.

I haven't use those, but I have a Gator guitar case. It holds three guitars. It is like the CNB case below, but the CNB case is only $50 and holds up to 6 guitars.

http://www.rondomusic.com/gsc2203.html

or

http://www.rondomusic.com/gsc2206.html

I will be getting one in the near future.

I have a CNB case for one of my non Epiphone LP guitars and the quality of the case is great. I like it better that the Epi cases I have.

I haven't use those' date=' but I have a Gator guitar case. It holds three guitars. It is like the CNB case below, but the CNB case is only $50 and holds up to 6 guitars.

http://www.rondomusic.com/gsc2203.html

or

http://www.rondomusic.com/gsc2206.html

I will be getting one in the near future.

I have a CNB case for one of my non Epiphone LP guitars and the quality of the case is great. I like it better that the Epi cases I have.[/quote']

BRAVO!!!:-&

I'm gonna order the 6-guitar contraption.... Great call Jwillow

I have the Rockstand that holds 5 electric guitars. I've had it several years now and never had any problems. Its built well and does what it is intended to do. It can be a little tight if you have 3 or so electrics and a acoustic on it. I would recommend buying the 7 guitar stand to allow yourself plenty of room.

I've had one for close to a year. I needed to save some space and the only wall I have to hang guitars on is the interior of an exterior wall, and even in SoCal, there are temperature swings, so I got the 7 guitar stand. Works well. In fact, I just bought a second one a few weeks ago. Electrics are on one, acoustics on the other. No, you won't get 7 acoustics on one, either. You do have to be a bit careful moving guitars in and out, but they're great space savers.

I have just added a 9 guitar Rockstand to the two 5 guitar Rockstands that I have had for years (My Son nicked one of them so I had to replace). They are great spacesavers but you have to be careful with straps, as they can easily get tangled, or looped round the next guitar on the stand. I would not be wthout them.

ICH

Some of you guys have way too many guitars! ;-)

I suppose if I had 4 or 5, and I wanted them all on stage, (or safely stored at home without taking up too much room) then I might consider one. As it is, I only own 2 guitars so they sit on normal stands in the lounge. It would be a shame for them not to be displayed, and I kind of suspect that I wouldn't play them as much if they weren't sat right by the sofa.

Some of you guys have way too many guitars! ;-)

Heh .... I tend to think of it as a lot of us here have TOO FEW guitars:-k

I "only" have 2, an Epi acoustic and Epi LP STD+, both of which sit on regular old stands....yeah, there's the risk of a "fall," but I've always wondered if there might be any long-term consequences of hanging a guitar by it's hs for years in a wall hanger. I have no idea, was just wondering....do any wall hangers offer bottom support as well, or is it hanging solely by the hs ?

^^ Yeah, I hear a lot of cautionary tales regarding normal stands, and frankly I'm surprised. They hold a guitar pretty firmly and I've never had a fall.

I guess it depends on how many 6 year olds or dogs you have running around the room!

My 2 guitars sit in unused corners of the room so there is no danger from passing "traffic", and I don't have kids or dogs. My little cat would do well to knock my big old sheraton off her deep seated stand!

Ive got the 7 guitar one, works great, saves lots of space. Just have to be careful not to clatter the other guitars as you take one out. Its great having all the guitars in one place though. My living rooms is looking more and more ridiculous now though. Ive my recording studio in the corner (powermac with dual screens), epiphone valve jr for prax, a 3 tier fully loaded keyboard stand, the 7 guitar rack (full) and a guitar on a stand either side of the TV.

To be honest its so inspiring being surrounded by so much music equipment that im getting more and more musically prouctive all the time.

I've actually got one of those on my Christmas list. I have a bunch of my guitars out on traditional stands and one of those that holds three guitars upright in kind of a triangle. I think this would take up less room with less likelihood of falling over. I usually have about 7 out at any given time.

I also have the 7-space Rockstand.

It's pretty solid, but the protective foam compresses easily and permanent dents remain.

I bought some foam pipe insulation, cut pieces to size, and slipped them over the existing foam pads on the bottom.

It adds a bit more padding, still "dents" to some degree, but not all the way down to the metal bars.

BTW, I can fit 9 guitars on it if needed!:-

I like it a lot, and it's great for keeping my most-used guitars on hand and ready to grab, but still out of the way.

I use regular stands for whatever happens to be plugged into the amp at the moment.

You can kinda see it over on the right...

Room_2.jpg

Archived