Gibson Brands Forums

So you think Epi's are inferior to Gibson?

Just Strum

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of another adjective ........but there has been quite enough sh#t slinging in this thread without my input! LOL!

If a guitar is supposed to be shaped like a woman's body' date=' then Rosie O'Donnell comes to mind for the Telecaster. [-o<

[img']http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2007/12/23-End%20of%20Month/rosie-oterror.jpg[/img]

If a guitar is supposed to be shaped like a woman's body' date=' then Rosie O'Donnell comes to mind for the Telecaster. [-o<

[img']http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2007/12/23-End%20of%20Month/rosie-oterror.jpg[/img]

Well actually if a guitar is supposed to be shaped like a womans body any 335 style guitar is somebody with an a$$ the size of a mack truck!

If a guitar is supposed to be shaped like a woman's body' date=' then Rosie O'Donnell comes to mind for the Telecaster.[/quote']

Repulsive. Utterly revolting. Put me off my bacon sandwich.

Telecasters are beautiful...Simplistic to the point of being almost crude, but beautiful none-the-less...

If I had to pick the top three ugliest guitars of all time I would say...(ducking and running for cover)...in reverse order...

3./ The Gibson Reverse Flying V

gibson-reverse-flying-v.jpg

Unspeakably horrible. If these had been around in the days when Abba were famous, you can bet that bearded Swedish johnny would have played one.

2./ The Parker Fly

269787.jpg

Body designed by a blind man, drunk, with a cleaver. Looks like you could do yourself a nasty on the headstock too...

And last but not least...

1./ The Gibson Shi*ehawk (sorry, Nighthawk)

nighthawk.jpg

Slightly less attractive than the outskirts of Grimsby.

Come on guys; another Epi vs. Gibson thread ? No ! Why God, Why ? ! I have owned $500 Epis and $2500 Gibsons. Of course the Gibson was better build quality but most of my Epis have been fine guitars and, you know what ? The $2500 Gibson did not make me any better a player than the $500 Epi. Play what you can afford and enjoy it.

Come on guys; another Epi vs. Gibson thread ? No ! Why God' date=' Why ? ! I have owned $500 Epis and $2500 Gibsons. Of course the Gibson was better build quality but most of my Epis have been fine guitars and, you know what ? The $2500 Gibson did not make me any better a player than the $500 Epi. Play what you can afford and enjoy it.[/quote']

Not another one. The same one that just won't die.

If you use power tools, you will eventually get into an an argument over whether Dewalt is better than Ryobi.

Ford vs Chevy.

Japanese vs Chinese.

Organically Grown vs Genetically Enhanced

If you are a musician, it's Gibson vs Epiphone, Tube vs Solid State, My Strings vs Your Strings, and (wait for it).... My Picks vs Your Picks

We can't stop... it's in our male genes. I'm sure Neanderthals once killed each other in an argument over which club was best for killing a Mastodon.

Archived