Gibson Brands Forums

Lets see your current guitar/amp rig.

V-Type

Thanks,

The Music Man was built in the mid 70's by, you guessed it, Leo Fender.

It is a bit of a hybrid with tubes and a transistor section.

It's got 2 - 10 inch and has a 2 power setting. Either 65 watts or 130 watts.

Tons of power. The 10's have a real nice snap.

The tech at the music shop wants to buy it real bad!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm going to play a jam with people on drums, bass, etc., for the sake of volume I will pack the Reverend Kingsnake and maybe one of the G400s. I might bring my pedal board too, if there's room.

SG_Pair.jpg

At home, I practice with a Pod XT Live, G-DEC 30 or B-DEC. I'll bring one of these to a small jam.

Room_1.jpg

Thanks' date='

The Music Man was built in the mid 70's by, you guessed it, Leo Fender.

It is a bit of a hybrid with tubes and a transistor section.

It's got 2 - 10 inch and has a 2 power setting. Either 65 watts or 130 watts.

Tons of power. The 10's have a real nice snap.

The tech at the music shop wants to buy it real bad![/quote']

That Music Man amp brings back memories. I had one back in the late 70s and early 80s. I think it had 2 - 12s but I don't remember for sure. The thing I really liked about it was that it had chrome rails on the side of the amp. I used my amp as a monitor more or less. I would tilt it back on the rails so I could hear better when I was playing. That was before amp stands. It was a nice amp, another one I wished I hadn't sold.

That Music Man amp brings back memories. I had one back in the late 70s and early 80s. I think it had 2 - 12s but I don't remember for sure. The thing I really liked about it was that it had chrome rails on the side of the amp. I used my amp as a monitor more or less. I would tilt it back on the rails so I could hear better when I was playing. That was before amp stands. It was a nice amp' date=' another one I wished I hadn't sold.[/quote']

Don't remind me! I let this baby go not too long ago with jbl's no less! Killer amp!DSC00122.jpg

This thread is become complete sadness' date=' all this talk of gear that yu wish you had back.

Well, it just make me wanna, wanna, wanna [img']http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/ahhhhhhh.gif[/img]ahhhhhhh.gifahhhhhhh.gif and cry-1.gifcry-1.gifcry-1.gif

Yep, I want my '78 Gibson Cherry Red SG back.... Never should have traded it on the Strat, although I love the Strat, I shouldn't have traded the SG.

That Music Man amp brings back memories. I had one back in the late 70s and early 80s. I think it had 2 - 12s but I don't remember for sure. The thing I really liked about it was that it had chrome rails on the side of the amp. I used my amp as a monitor more or less. I would tilt it back on the rails so I could hear better when I was playing. That was before amp stands. It was a nice amp' date=' another one I wished I hadn't sold.[/quote']

Hi jcwillow777, the Fender BlackFace amps are manufactured with the rails that you speak of. I have a Twin and a Vibroverb and they are both outfitted with said legs. It is a feature that I almost never take advantage of, however.

tilt.jpg?t=1230387573

Here's the Family shot' date=' minus the Vox AD50VT which is at the gig. The Tele is too new for this picture...I guess I need to take some more family shots. The Flametop gets the most action, followed by the Goldtop, then the Strat. The '79 Strat (I bought it new) will be 30 next year! I guess it's time to plan a birthday celebration...

[img']http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd236/Dave_Lp_Strat/webP7240109.jpg[/img]

My buddy up here has that exact same 79 Strat.

Heavy as hell and sustains so wonderfully. His is all stock except fot the Duncan lil' 59 he put in.

dsc00115wt3.jpg

dsc00119zd9.jpg

dsc00121zb8.jpg

dsc00120ts2.jpg

dsc00116cc6.jpg

dsc00118cv6.jpg

the finish on that just drives me bats. that looks so good.

is it just a flat finish or what's the deal? looks different than any I can recall at all.

really slick.

Lots nice shots in here by the way..

TWANG

the finish on that just drives me bats. that looks so good.

is it just a flat finish or what's the deal? looks different than any I can recall at all.

really slick.

Lots nice shots in here by the way..

TWANG

Thanx. It's indeed just a flat finish. Up till now I only changed the cream-colored pickguard to black, but will be making some more adjustments soon.

Hello All,

I really enjoyed looking at all of your amazing collections!! Really great stuff. Here are my very modest submissions.

I'm new to the forum and just got my first Epi. A Les Paul Custom in Silverburst. I also play a Fender Showmaster. Also just picked up the Line 6 Spiderjam. The amp is too cool with about 70 recorded jams inside that you can play and record with. I pretty much just play at home.

002.jpg

004.jpg

Those showmasters are almost awesome enough to turn me into a fender man, LOL! I love yours... My friend has a tele like that in a yellowish natural finish. Awesome guitars, perfect hybrids between a fender style guitar and a Les Paul. The squire stagemasters were pretty nice too, I almost bought one of those when they first came out.

Welcome to the forum!

Hello All' date='

I'm new to the forum and just got my first Epi. A Les Paul Custom in Silverburst. I also play a Fender Showmaster. Also just picked up the Line 6 Spiderjam. The amp is too cool with about 70 recorded jams inside that you can play and record with. I pretty much just play at home.

[img']http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/GRAVUH/002.jpg[/img]

004.jpg

That silverburst is an awesome lookin' guitar.

Those showmasters are almost awesome enough to turn me into a fender man' date=' LOL! I love yours... My friend has a tele like that in a yellowish natural finish. Awesome guitars, perfect hybrids between a fender style guitar and a Les Paul. The squire stagemasters were pretty nice too, I almost bought one of those when they first came out.

Welcome to the forum![/quote']

Yeah they have a cool sound with the humbuckers and set neck. I had been playing a cheap squire (strat shaped purple guitar with an upside down headstock and a floyd rose), but I gave that to my nephew earlier this year and I grabbed the showmaster for a little over $500. I love this thing, very light and the neck is like butter. They have very sweet tone. I never use the tremolo so I tightened the screws all the way down inside the guitar and I put 010's on it which really brought out the tone and improved the sustain ... The seymour duncans are nice too.

The finish is indescribable - really a beautiful quilt and I love the tobacco burst color.

nice silverburst.. starting to like those more everytime I see one.

That silverburst is an awesome lookin' guitar.

I really wanted a custom. I love the diamond design in the head stock and the binding. You can't beat the price at 699 either!! I was bouncing back and forth between the silverburst or a Standard Plus Top in the Trans Blue. I used to be a raider fan so you can never go wrong with silver and black.

They really are nice looking. I was reading the reviews on MF and GC and everyone was raving about the finsh. I was not disappointed when it arrived. There were some slight issues though; it must have been in a slightly salty shipping container because there were some oxidation marks on the stop bar tailpiece and the strings were really ratty and oxidized. The screw-head on the top of the pick guard also had some rust on it. I used a little mother's metal polish on the tailpiece and put new Ernie Ball 010s on it. I'll need to pick up a replacement screw for the pick guard. All in all I am extremely pleased with the guitar. The value is second to none. I may throw some gibson pickups in it as some point in the future.

If it's the neck screw' date=' pm me your address and I'll pop one in the mail to ya. I got a box full in chrome.

free for the new year and congrats on the guitar!

TWANG[/quote']

TWANG - Thanks for the awesome and very generous offer, but it is the other screw towards the bottom on the face of the pick guard.

~Kong

you'll have to match it at the hardware store.. ACE has a good bunch even fancy looking chrome heads on 'em sometimes.. check their first.

you can also swap the screw and it's nut to a slightly different size there with no problem.. so take a good look. talking fifty cents or so

TWANG

Archived