Gibson Brands Forums

The GAS is gone....

Svet

Well guys, I think I am all gassed out! I am a little saddened by this though my wallet is most happy. I stopped in my favorite shop the other day in order to purchase a couple of items for my nephew for Christmas. The last time my feet left this store my hands were carrying an R9 and a PRS Custom22/10. Needless to say that was a nice bill indeed! This was back in March and my credit card has not passed the sensor for gear since! I paraded through the store in hopes that a new toy would tickle my fancy, perhaps one of those SG Classics? Alas, there were none to be had. It seems I often seek an SG only to be uninspired. I guess it is not to be...yet. So as it stands it has now been almost ten whole months since a GAS attack caught the better of me. I guess this is a good thing as my battle now is one of moisture. I've been battling the oil heat and I've finally got my home humidity level up to a steady 45%. Five more to go........

Svet

Yes - the desire to buy guitars does have an end. Thank God.

Over the past five months I have purchased five guitars (2 Epiphones, 2 basses, and a George Harrison "Rocky" guitar), and I now have no desire for any more guitars!

:D

There was a light at the end of the tunnel. I am so glad I have reached it.

Guitars in place, amps in place, now just some minor home recording gear and DONE!

Yeah, I've only got 2 electric guitars that I'd still love to have, but...with my "circumstances" (financial and otheriwise) it

will be a LONG time, before I buy any more guitars. Besides...I have pretty much all I've ever (really) wanted, and then some. So...

I'm taking a hiatus, too. Might buy another amp, though? But, it's still fun to chat about, and dream.

CB

Svet, sorry for this but, u hit it on the nail for me. I played a gibson sg robot geetar a few days ago and almost lost the fight. Now, let me tell everyone i really like gizmos. But, i thought it was more of a gimic thing with the robot guitar. But, the local gc has a warn brown, and i figured, try it out. With, no help from anyone, i was able to change tunning at the swipe of the thumb over the strings. impressive to say the least. and if one string did not tune on the first swipe i hit it individually and presto. I plugged into a the closest amp-line 6 a think a 100w or something. did not care. but wow it really sang to me. I have been feeling out the wife since last wednesday.

Well guys' date=' I think I am all gassed out! I am a little saddened by this though my wallet is most happy. I stopped in my favorite shop the other day in order to purchase a couple of items for my nephew for Christmas. The last time my feet left this store my hands were carrying an R9 and a PRS Custom22/10. Needless to say that was a nice bill indeed! This was back in March and my credit card has not passed the sensor for gear since! I paraded through the store in hopes that a new toy would tickle my fancy, perhaps one of those SG Classics? Alas, there were none to be had. It seems I often seek an SG only to be uninspired. I guess it is not to be...yet. So as it stands it has now been almost ten whole months since a GAS attack caught the better of me. I guess this is a good thing as my battle now is one of moisture. I've been battling the oil heat and I've finally got my home humidity level up to a steady 45%. Five more to go........

Svet

[/quote']

No wonder the economy is in the crapper!!!!

You gotta pitch in with Obama to get things going again!

Interesting! Last night , I took the new Tele down to the basement workshop and installed a set of Texas Special pickups. When I got through, I brought it back up and hooked up the amp and played it. Sounds good, lots better than the Squire ceramics that came in it, but I was not that eager to play it. I shut it off, looked around and wondered why I need 7 electrics.

Maybe its a bug... We'll get over it. Christmas fatigue...

No wonder the economy is in the crapper!!!!

You gotta pitch in with Obama to get things going again!

I'm trying WeeLaddie, I really am! I mean, I bought a house while everyone else is just farting around! I really was lucky too because had I waited another couple of weeks I would've lost my butt in the Market! So it kind of nullifies the fact that it wasn't the best time because I wouldn't have been able to afford my house after the Stock plunge. Sometimes one gets lucky! I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. It's going to take a guitar that is very different from the ones I already have. I was looking at SG's, Firebirds, and a couple of Eastman's. I also looked at some of the Gretches and Ric's and a Gibson L4 but I really would love an L5. I just can't spend that kind of money right now.

I'd like to have a collection of vintage guitars, but won't get off the money to acquire them. A Gretsch Country Gentleman would be a nice addition, but Epis just make a lot more sense. I won't be driving a Mercedes in the future either...not with this economy. Retirement is the target in the next few years. Then I'll have time to play more and enjoy the ones I have.

Archived