Gibson Brands Forums

Ignore Them And They Will Go Away

Ron G

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it's difficult but it's the best way. Just pretend that their posts are simply not there.

If you take the bait' date=' you're playing into their hand.[/quote']

I do try but sometimes the abject and profound ignorance is just impossible to ignore..

Mr.Nelson

Uhhhh....I think......never mind. ](* [/quote']

I guess my sarcasm eludes you.".just ignore the detractors and you won't have to listen to their truths and we can all live in the happy bliss of ignorance..they're Epiphone haters and if we ignore them our Epiphones, made as cheaply as possible in China with little attention to quality, will become fantastic instruments in our vapid little heads"...

no, no confusion on my part...those who wish, may now return their heads to deep within their colons where all is well and their choices perfect...

it's sad that people would choose to not listen to the truth and prefer to live in their delusions..but it does seems to be the case...ignoring me isn't going to change anything except maybe allow you to make uninformed and dubious choices...go look at the effort given that guy's Les Paul Custom...that's what's in the inside folks...that's your great Chinese attention to detail and quality..good luck, kids...but ignoring me isn't going to change that...

Mr.Nelson

I guess my sarcasm eludes you.".just ignore the detractors and you won't have to listen to their truths and we can all live in the happy bliss of ignorance..they're Epiphone haters and if we ignore them our Epiphones' date=' made as cheaply as possible in China with little attention to quality, will become fantastic instruments in our vapid little heads"...

no, no confusion on my part...those who wish, may now return their heads to deep within their colons where all is well and their choices perfect...

it's sad that people would choose to not listen to the truth and prefer to live in their delusions..but it does seems to be the case...ignoring me isn't going to change anything except maybe allow you to make uninformed and dubious choices...go look at the effort given that guy's Les Paul Custom...that's what's in the inside folks...that's your great Chinese attention to detail and quality..good luck, kids...but ignoring me isn't going to change that...

Mr.Nelson[/quote']

Actually, Mr. Nelson, I'm getting quite used to it. The best way to navigate any forum seems to be to read things for what they are worth, comment where appropriate, and move on. We get into the thread battles when emotions run high, and it ends up hijacking the thread to something useless.

Carry on!

We get into the thread battles when emotions run high' date=' and it ends up hijacking the thread to something useless.

[/quote']

This...and the devisive commentary are my only objections. Some things that are said can be very diminutive to people like myself that can not afford better.

This...and the devisive commentary are my only objections. Some things that are said can be very diminutive to people like myself that can not afford better.

Same here ..... and I'm sure we Epi owners know where our guitars stand in quality with no delusions. I try to steer clear of the nonsense, but I did stoop to someone's level today, something I ain't necessarily proud of, but am neither ashamed of. Am starting to feel the attraction to the "other" place more strongly.

People who hang out on Epiphone forums and express their dislike for them is pretty bizarre behavior. Like criticizing fat people on the Weight Watchers forum.

People who hang out on Epiphone forums and express their dislike for them is pretty bizarre behavior. Like criticizing fat people on the Weight Watchers forum.

No' date=' what is truly bizarre behaviour is someone who makes almost 1700 posts and has never offered anything beyond self-referential head nodding and mindless cheer leading...I own eight Epiphones and none of them is the Chinese crap that's being passed off these days as Epiphones. I would say that gives me a right to make statements when I see a bunch of sheep being lead along because the name on the headstock is the same one that was once on guitars of quality... where now it's used to sell illusions to empty-headed dreamers who'd rather gather together and pretend than to actually [i']know [/i] ...how many Epiphones do you own? Ignore me all you want..it changes nothing...

Mr.Nelson

Mr. Nelson

You are in the wrong forum' date=' nobody here is talking about vintage Epiphones.

[/quote']

No...this is The Epiphone Forum....maybe it's you who belongs in "The Cheap Chinese Trash Being Passed Off As Epiphones To Kids And Delusional Dreamers Forum"...The only thing that gives the Chinese crap even the most remote validity is that name on the headstock ...

Mr.Nelson

No...this is The Epiphone Forum....maybe it's you who belongs in "The Cheap Chinese Trash Being Passed Off As Epiphones To Kids And Delusional Dreamers Forum"...The only thing that gives the Chinese crap even the most remote validity is that name on the headstock ...

Mr.Nelson

You do indeed have some very nice guitars and I love seeing great examples of old Epiphones. However, I don't think totally dismissing the new Epiphones is justified. My Epi LP Custom is made in China and it is one of the best playing/sounding guitars I have owned in the past 10 years. No, its not as good as my Gibson LP (not getting into that topic), but it is a damn fine guitar in it own right.

There are lots of people who own "new" Epiphones on this forum and are very satisfied. Maybe if you quit dismissing ALL new Epiphones as "chinese crap" and told us more about your obviously fine collection (which is what people like to see on here), then your posts/comments would be held in higher regard.

You do indeed have some very nice guitars and I love seeing great examples of old Epiphones. However' date=' I don't think totally dismissing the new Epiphones is justified. My Epi LP Custom is made in China and it is one of the best playing/sounding guitars I have owned in the past 10 years. No, its not as good as my Gibson LP (not getting into that topic), but it is a damn fine guitar in it own right.

There are lots of people who own "new" Epiphones on this forum and are very satisfied. Maybe if you quit dismissing ALL new Epiphones as "chinese crap" and told us more about your obviously fine collection (which is what people like to see on here), then your posts/comments would be held in higher regard.[/quote']

Let me be very clear. The guitars I posted are not mine..I wish they were but they're not...I do have three of what you might call vintage Epiphones and five or six more garden variety but I didn't post them and they aren't in the class of those others. My problem if it's even a problem is when people will not only accept the ordinary and mediocre but will swoon and coo over it...someone recently posted a current Les Paul Custom with absolutely atrocious quality but rather than say "we won't stand and accept that" some of these people actually defend and make excuses for it because to criticize the Chinese Epiphones and the entire concept of Chinese Epiphone which is "as cheaply as they can make them" require that these people are self-critical of that which they own and have defined themselves upon and their fragile little egos just can't take it...every guitar I own I can tell you every flaw and I'm its biggest critic because I spend my money for them and just because they're mine I certainly won't lie to myself and say they're all fabulous for my ego's sake...and I won't accept the Chinese concept of making it nice and shiny on the outside and complete crap on the inside. Unfortunately, as i said, some here cannot face the facts of that low rent garbage and because it has "Epiphone" on the head stock these people think that validates it...I don't even consider that rubbish Epiphones because I know what Epiphones have been and can be if consumers demand it rather than accept trash because it's cheap and easily accessible. Can you iamge any other consumer group where someone somewhat knowledgable tries to inform people that maybe they need to take a longer, more objective look at what they're swooning over and instead of people actually becoming informed the call goes out to ignore the message and the messenger but to accept what he has to says spoils the happy delusion they've all taken comfort in..unbelievable ignorace...but as I said, ignoring me isn't going to change anything and if you listen you might not be parted of your money for junk that should be priced a lot lower...but what do I know huh? right..you can a horse to the water but you can't make him drink..

Mr.Nelson

Archived