Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Designer???

Gordy01

THAT "DESIGN YOUR OWN L.P. WEBSITE IS JUST TOOOOO COOOOOL!!!!!!!

Damn, I'm a GOOD designer! Is there anyway to save a copy of the finished product in

your computer, or just print it only???

If I could only HAVE guitars that looked like the stuff I came up with!!!!!

TOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOL! Thank you MIDIman56!!!!!

THAT "DESIGN YOUR OWN L.P. WEBSITE IS JUST TOOOOO COOOOOL!!!!!!!

Damn' date=' I'm a GOOD designer! Is there anyway to save a copy of the finished product in

your computer, or just print it only???

If I could only HAVE guitars that looked like the stuff I came up with!!!!!

TOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOL! Thank you MIDIman56!!!!![/quote']

You're welcome, AF. A lot of the guys here had some fun with it when I first posted it. The only way I know of to save a picture is to do a screen capture and save it. Real easy and 'buit in" on a Mac ... requires some software on a PC. Here's a couple I did when I was messing around on the site:

MIDI

Always wanted an LP with a maple neck ...

DreamLesPaul-Blondie.jpg

My "Tuxedo" ...

DreamLesPaul-TheTuxedo.jpg

Hell, yes to the maple neck! That was exactly what I focused on when I tried out

the site last nite. Yours looks VERY similar to mine, but put the headstock back to

black, too much maple in one area, needs balance and shows off the gold hardware

on headstock. Try artic blue sunburst with same options, oooooooooh!

LOVE that site! I have the IBM-Clone

pc, doesn,t seem to give me option of saving picture. I did have "save as", tried it for

grins, didn't find picture in "my pix" folder...???

Back in 1980 (aka: "the day") I ORDERED a Gibson Les Paul thru my local dealer FROM

GIBSON, White , gold hardware, MAPLE fretboard. What showed up was NOT what I

oredered, Rosewood fretboard, cream-color. I rejected the git, had origingal receipt

confirming correct specs. The dealer dropped the price $400.00 if I would PLEEEEZSE

take it off his hands, so...... Gibson being Gibson, price better than I expected.....MINE!

That link didn't seem to work. Here is the one I posted a few weeks ago. It only lets you design Les Paul type guitars' date=' but its a lot of fun and very realistic looking. Have fun!

MIDI

http://www.frankmontag.com/hobbys/custom_lp_style_guitar.htm[/quote']Hm... works fine for me.

Thanks for the link to the LP designer, cool!

I think my custom model will be available in two finishes, as shown here:

custom1cu9.jpg

and...

custom2xo4.jpg

Oh, and aside from what the site says, MINE is wired with individual volume controls, and a master tone. "Gibson disease" applies, because I use that all the time. If they offered the 4 knob configuration, I would be all over that as well.

So, where do I go to order these again? :-k

You have to do a screenshot, and crop it down in an image editing program, then post it as a normal pic. To do a screenshot on a PC, you hold down the "Ctrl" key and press "Prt Scrn" or "Print Screen" depending on your keyboard. You have now copied exactly what you see on your screen to the clipboard... open up photoshop, or photo editor, or whatever program you have, and open a new file. Now, paste the screenshot into the new file (either from the edit menu, or using ctrl-v). Crop down to just the guitar part of the image, save the file as a jpeg, and post it as you would any other image.

Hope that helps...

This is a most excellent thread, good knowledge here. I wish to insert a question related

to the "guitar designing" we're doing here... In real life, without having to search the web

for 30+ minutes (i will if I have to), WHERE would one obtain a Gibson/EPI LP style neck

with a MAPLE FRETBOARD? yes, I know someone could custom build it for you ($$$$), but

can one be obtained "off the shelf"?

Mahalo!

This is a most excellent thread' date=' good knowledge here. I wish to insert a question related

to the "guitar designing" we're doing here... In real life, without having to search the web

for 30+ minutes (i will if I have to), WHERE would one obtain a Gibson/EPI LP style neck

with a MAPLE FRETBOARD? yes, I know someone could custom build it for you ($$$$), but

can one be obtained "off the shelf"?

Mahalo![/quote']

www.warmoth.com is probably your best bet. They can do necks with a Les Paul style headstock with any combination of woods, including maple, mahogany, and ebony, plus some exotic woods. Same with bodies... If you don't mind a bolt on neck joint, you could build a sweet carved top LP pretty much however you want it. They'll do the finishing too, if you want to pay for it. Probably not the cheapest guy in town per se, but I've only ever heard good things about them.

I finally got it right, had to open image with "Paint" in my computer,

copy part, save, etc. Now we'll need a forum for Self-designed Guitars!

Thanks MIDIman for POSTING the site,

Thanks Gen Zero for quick tutorial, Love the site!!!!!

secondtry.jpg

www.warmoth.com is probably your best bet. They can do necks with a Les Paul style headstock with any combination of woods' date=' including maple, mahogany, and ebony, plus some exotic woods. Same with bodies... If you don't mind a bolt on neck joint, you could build a sweet carved top LP pretty much however you want it. They'll do the finishing too, if you want to pay for it. Probably not the cheapest guy in town per se, but I've only ever heard good things about them.[/quote']

I checked out the Warmoth site - DANG!!! Want to kill an hour? Be sure to tie a bucket around your

neck because you'll be slobbering and drooling over the possibilities, so many options. Just takes a

Federal Bailout to afford, but Damn! The Guitars "y'all" are designing with the site posted by MIDIman

CAN be built... I can even build my "dream" Padouk Les Paul with Maple fretboard, gold hardware...

"Excuse me, Mr. Bill Gates - I'm collecting for a WORTHY cause....."

I checked out the Warmoth site - DANG!!! Want to kill an hour? Be sure to tie a bucket around your

neck because you'll be slobbering and drooling over the possibilities' date=' so many options. Just takes a

Federal Bailout to afford, but Damn! The Guitars "y'all" are designing with the site posted by MIDIman

CAN be built... I can even build my "dream" Padouk Les Paul with Maple fretboard, gold hardware...

"Excuse me, Mr. Bill Gates - I'm collecting for a WORTHY cause....."[/quote']

Yeah, it's real easy to "build" youself right into the $1,000 plus range there. But, they do have everything you need to assemble your dream guitar, again assuming you don't mind attatching your neck with a couple of screws. Myself, I want to get into building guitars, but I want to learn how to do set neck and neck through construction. More tools and skills involved, but I personally like the finished product better. I think a monkey could screw a neck to a body and drop some pickups in it, but that doesn't make him a luthier. One of these years, I'll invest in the right tools and set up a shop in my garage. That way, at least Twang won't be the only one being called a garage-based hack on here, LOL! I'm sure that with a few books and enough money to invest in the tools, I could turn out some fine instruments. Unfortunately, right now I don't have the room or the money to invest. One day though...

Archived