Gibson Brands Forums

What kinda of guitar is this!?!?!?!

I bought this guitar like lasat year from a friend' date=' all he knew about it was it was like from the early 90's. I have no idea what kind of guitar it is and would love know so if anyone knows anything about it please tell me.

[/quote']

Epiphone Pro or Pro II. US-Made between '89-'92. Part of the 31 series. Despite similarities with the 435i, 635i, and particularly the 935i the Pro was distinguishable by the 24 fret diagonal rosewood fretboard.

Black hardware, Floyd rose licenced tremolo(made by Schaller) Gibson SC-2 single coil and L8 humbucker. Available in Alpine white, Black or Candy Apple red

Epiphone Pro or Pro II. US-Made between '89-'92. Part of the 31 series. Despite similarities with the 435i' date=' 635i, and particularly the 935i the Pro was distinguishable by the 24 fret diagonal rosewood fretboard.

Black hardware, Floyd rose licenced tremolo(made by Schaller) Gibson SC-2 single coil and L8 humbucker. Available in Alpine white, Black or Candy Apple red[/quote']

I agree, it is most likely a USA made PRO.

The PRO1 and PRO2 have a bolt on neck and different fretboard markers according to the '95 spec list.

Here is a photo:

scan0001.jpg

From the "This is SPINAL TAP" movie??? How did you even remember it? GOOD CATCH!!!

TAP RULES!!!!

Not from the movie. From a later Tap reunion. In the movie, it was all super-expensive vintage pieces, except for one scene in a hotel room where he had what looked like a Hondo II. And I think he used one of those tiny Chiquita guitars in there somewhere, too.

• 1 month later...

I'm holding the brochure right now, no joke. I have 20 of them and I'll be more than happy to send you one, no charge, but I get dibs on that guitar if you sell it =) (seriously!).

According to the 1989 brochure I have it is a 935i w/ a set-in neck and a carved poplar body. The official name of the color is Magenta, and the 935i is the only model listed as offereing this color in the brochure. Congratulations, I am truly jealous!!!

I have a metallic red 635i.

EF_in_FL thanks so much for the history on the Nigel Music Man... I recoginized it instantly but I had no idea that

it/they actually existed beyond the one in the film. Never saw close ups either, it's really put together to stay rather

than just look good for the camera....amazing. Last year somebody sold a copy of the Marshall Stack guitar on Ebay

I couldn't believe that someone had duplicated it so well...complete with the seperate lower cab even. Recently I

saw a fretboard somewhere that had the same marker-inscribed notation on it and I wondered what the thought

process behind "that" was now I know. I love the real cut down Muncie shift lever, tach looks like an old Dixco. I'm

feeling really inspired all of a sudden........

Wedgie

Archived