Gibson Brands Forums

Your Dream (not currently produced) Epiphone?

clarkuss

Easy!

Double Cut LP in Red with P90's just like the Gibby that Charlie Brown has. I could really have sex with that guitar. It is just bada$$! Charlie, if you're reading this would please post ALOT more pics of that guitar. You really have that guitar looking amazing!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rickenbacker prices haven't changed much over here yet but the waiting time for a new one is as long as a piece of string (and sometimes longer).

I've seen 8-9/10 conditions being sold over here for anything as low as £800 and new ones on ebay seling for near £2000.

You can get most guitars at a reasonable price if you look long enough if you don't want it brand new or in 10/10 collector's condition.

Yeah in Great Britain for sure... try Switzerland... almost impossible to get a hold of one here! And the toll taxes you have to pay here are humungus! I'm looking forward to living in Scotland :)

Well' date=' what happens, with [b']certain sellers [/b](especially one on E-bay) is, that because he/they have them "in stock," they sell at near "list," because some people will pay the price, so they don't have to endure the 12-18 month waiting period that is often the case, with Rickenbacker models that aren't "in stock," unless you get lucky and order a model that's in production at the time, and will be shipped (almost) immediately. But Rickenbacker has always been like that (waiting times, and all). I waited about 9 months in 1968 to get my first 360-12 string. And, dealers at that time, weren't discounting much at all.

So...???

CB

To be fair to the guy I asked, I am sure that he actually has them in stock. I was looking at the maplego guitars at Fuller's website:

http://www.fullersguitar.com/component/page,shop.browse/category_id,16/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,27/

I am actually not remotely interested in buying one. In fact, I just gave away a 1997 jetglo Rickenbacker 360 to my kid brother! I wanted the price so that I can make an adjustment to the estimated value of my house contents for my household insurance - maybe it will lower my premium (doubt it).

You don't pay taxes on stuff bought from the EU though right?

No. See free movement of goods within the EU:

http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/regulation/goods/

Easy!

Double Cut LP in Red with P90's just like the Gibby that Charlie Brown has. I could really have sex with that guitar. It is just bada$$! Charlie' date=' if you're reading this would please post ALOT more pics of that guitar. You really have that guitar looking amazing![/quote']

Yeah, CB! Pictures of the guitar posed on a bear skin rug, in front of a fireplace. Or ... on the beach! Or ... do they make a THONG to fit your DCLP?

Jim

Haha! On the rug definitely...

RE: EU trading. If one is in switzerland and one wants to purchase a cheap(ish) Rickenbacker, one should watch ebay.co.uk because there are some real steals on there sometimes. I picked up my Rickenbacker 330/12 for £750!!

RE: EU trading. If one is in switzerland and one wants to purchase a cheap(ish) Rickenbacker' date=' one should watch ebay.co.uk because there are some real steals on there sometimes. I picked up my Rickenbacker 330/12 for £750!![/quote']

Thanks for the tipp, I'll keep an eye rics... I want a JetGlo 330 but with the slim headstock (not the old ugly edgy one they made during the 80's/90's)... I would also like to see them with Klusons again but don't ever mention that on the forum there, I tried... Bad idea... I can only say that Schaller makes super good Kluson knock offs so I don't see a problem there...!

RE: EU trading. If one is in switzerland and one wants to purchase a cheap(ish) Rickenbacker' date=' one should watch ebay.co.uk because there are some real steals on there sometimes. I picked up my Rickenbacker 330/12 for £750!![/quote']

Yes, but don't make a habit of it (or a business). Switzerland is not a member of the EU (in fact, it isn't even counted as a member of the European Economic Area). It enjoys trade relations with the EU on the basis of bilateral treaties.

In an nutshell, provided the items are shipped from an EU country they are customs duty and VAT exempt up to a total of 10,000 CHF per person, per calendar year. After an individual has exceeded that limit, VAT kicks in.

I'd like an ES-339...

How about just the dot line' date=' even dot studios, being offered with P90s instead of humbuckers, [/quote']

How about an ES339 with P90's? As someone who has modded their Sheraton for P90's, I think this would be a killer combination, small, sweet & nasty.

I'd like to see an Epiphone 339. I like my Dot, but sometimes I wonder of the body is a little too big.

So, yeah, an Epi version of the ES 339/336. Maybe even in some other colours apart from sunburst/cherry, like a Gold top version:

ks-gibson.jpg

Yes, I want Jack Bauer's guitar

Easy!

Double Cut LP in Red with P90's just like the Gibby that Charlie Brown has. I could really have sex with that guitar. It is just bada$$! Charlie' date=' if you're reading this would please post ALOT more pics of that guitar. You really have that guitar looking amazing![/quote']

Here you go, lpfan...

DSC_0016-2.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

CB

Here you go' date=' lpfan...

[img']http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/charliebrown1949/DSC_0016-2.jpg[/img]

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

CB

Hey CB, Since you posted pics of your "Lady in Red DC" , Does this mean that you are going to start pimpn her out???

Now back to the topic. Mine is pretty simple, probaly boring to some. All that I want is a regular Riviera,Vintage Sunburst with mini-humbuckers and a freq. tailpiece, I know that doesn't excite alot but hey that's what I want.

mgm

:-k#-o :D =; Sorry to be the proverbial fly in the ointment and break up the old Semi love in, but seeing as this subject is about dream guitars Epiphone don't but should make, I was heartbroken that the Prophecy series didn't include an Explorer, but had an ugly ugly old Futura, practical but sickening to look at, like an Explorer left in the hot sun for too long, and neither was there a Flying V. My dream guitar would be a Prophecy series Explorer, but arch topped like the Les Paul, with the digital option so I could access baritone and 12 string options (the Robot options would be mostly useless to me as I don't use most of the tunings), and a hipshot D-tuner for dropped D and dropped A tunings, and the Dirty Fingers p/ups. Not impossible, just not likely, oh well, just like winning the lottery, I'll have to keep on wishing, lol.

Hey CB' date=' Since you posted pics of your "Lady in Red DC" , Does this mean that you are going to start pimpn her out???

Now back to the topic. Mine is pretty simple, probaly boring to some. All that I want is a regular Riviera,Vintage Sunburst with mini-humbuckers and a freq. tailpiece, I know that doesn't excite alot but hey that's what I want.

mgm [/quote']

Actually, I'd go along with you, on the Riviera in Vintage Burst, too. I keep looking for a used "Elitist" version, that's

been well taken care of. When they do come about, it's always when I'm short of funds....naturally! LOL!

Oh, and "Little Red Blues," as I call my Double cut LP Junior Lite, stays close to my side, always! ;>)

CB

The Firebird VII' date=' but put banjo tuners instead of regular tuners they used to put on them.[/quote']

Some people hated those tuners, but I think if I ever got one, that would be the FIRST mod I'd make! Just the coolest look ever!

Jim

Spiteface' date=' is that goldie 339 a one-off?[/quote']

Spiteface posted a picture of the Inspired by Keifer Sutherland KS-336, a Custom Shop version of the ES 336. Not a one off, but a limited edition.

Despite the similar shapes and dimensions, an ES 336 is different from an ES 339. The back, sides, and block of the 336 is carved from a soild peice of mahogany (like an Epiphone Wildkat!), and the top is solid maple (though some have been made with Koa). A 339 is constructed like an ES 335, with laminated maple back, rims, and top, and a maple block. Both have mahogany necks.

Red 333

Double cutaway Les Paul' date=' structured the same as the current LP single cut range. Cheaper, lower end models, standard models, and more expensive models with flamed finishes etc. Some with P90s, some with Humbuckers. I still wouldn't be able to afford one, but I guess I could wait a few years for some reasonably priced used ones to come up for sale. And their intorduction might even bring the price of single cut LPs down some so I could afford one of them instead![/quote'] Have you ever checked out Ibanez' solid body Artist range? There's some beautiful one's from the late ' 70's, and they've released them again recently, they might be closer to your price range and definately the right shape and materials' if you look hard enough.

It's been mentioned before but worth repeting' date=' How about a Ted Nugent Signature Epi Byrdland with the

right cut and the Ted approved pickups and modifications? Any color would be fine, but heck, how many

different Zakk's have there been so far?

Wedgie[/quote']Why hasn't there been a Ted signature before now? Why isn't there a Les Paul styled semi in the range? Imagine one with a nice fast neck, EMG's, Paint a bulls eye on it and get Zakk to put his name on that too, maybe that would snap Ted into action, lol.

Archived