Gibson Brands Forums

Beautification complete

Hooligan

I have finally replaced all the cream plastic parts with Nickel. Some day I'd like to own an old school '59 RI. I figure this is not a collectors item so why not dress it up some. Some may think this is too much but I really like it. In hand this guitar is sharp. Sorry for the lousy photo quality.

AllChrome.jpg

knobs.jpg

Chrome.jpg

0924092330.jpg

That looks really nice. I use those type knobs all the time, too!

the nickel stuff is just very classy on that guitar.. good choice.

now you need me to build you a mirror chrome guard and switch plate. *G*

congrats.. very nice.

TWANG

+1, Hooligan ... very nice!

Those are the same sort of knobs that Epi uses on the Prophecy models ... I love 'em. In fact, if I ever get my own "Blue Bomber" like Matt's, the first change will be to install a set of the knobs with the blue stones ... virtually a perfect match! Well done, sir ...

Jim

Mostly All Parts. The Pup covers and rings, switch tip, and treble ring are all from All Parts. The Jack plate I got from Ebay, He's from Grand Rapids Michigan I think and shipped ridiculously fast. The tuners are Goto, although I like the nickel keystone Kluson tuners better, but they are $120. The knobs came from Q-parts and the strap locks are Schaller. Only other thing are the control covers on the back. I found a guy down in Florida that makes custom covers. I think I'll have a scripture verse engraved on the Pot cover. I also want "treble/rhythm" engraved in the treble ring.....

Thanks for the kind words. I am really happy with it.

Right now I have completely gutted all the electronics. I hope to get a coat of conductor paint in the cavities before I go to sleep.

NoGuts1.jpg

Noguts2.jpg

Here are the cavities painted........Nice and clean and RFI protected !

pup.jpg

pot.jpg

I just got off the phone with my luthier and he was gushing over my Epi Les Paul. He said he had the wiring done and that I was not even close which is funny in and of itself. But then I told him that I had some Pearly Gates on the way. He asks, "what pick ups doyou have in there now". As far as I know those are stock Korean Epi pups. He says "no way". Those are a PAF re-issue. He went on to say that this is the best sounding Epiphone Les Paul he's ever heard. He is really wanting me to reconsider the Pearly Gates. When I go to pick it up he wants me to compare it against some of his Gibby's. He says there is little to no sonic difference.

I love it !

He did say that the RS Guitarworks caps and pots were a huge improvement

Oh man, I just got home and plugged this thing in. Who cares what it looks like it sounds amazing. I down loaded a few patches from the line 6 custom tone website and this thing rocks. It's very articulate, great sustain, it has great clarity even when pushing some distortion. The word that comes to mind when I listen to the sound is LUSH! I love it ! Hey thanks for all the kind words. I have really been blessed with a great guitar. I hope to bless others with it.....

I have the guitar I want..........and I want the guitar I have!

Oh man' date=' I just got home and plugged this thing in. Who cares what it looks like it sounds amazing. I down loaded a few patches from the line 6 custom tone website and this thing rocks. It's very articulate, great sustain, it has great clarity even when pushing some distortion. The word that comes to mind when I listen to the sound is LUSH! I love it ! Hey thanks for all the kind words. I have really been blessed with a great guitar. I hope to bless others with it.....

I have the guitar I want..........and I want the guitar I have![/quote']

Yep....That's all that really counts!

CB

Archived