Gibson Brands Forums

HOW MUCH IS MY LES PAUL WORTH? and were was it made

god o smore

I see your location is Avon. Is that Avon here in the UK?

If so I'd say the US prices being quoted are a bit out of line with what 2nd hand Epis go for over here. In the UK you'd expect to pay between £150 and £300 for a good condition std depending on whether you got it privately or from a dealer.

If you keep it in good shape, it will always sell for at least $200. If one came up on Craigslist in Philly tomorrow, it would last for about 5 minutes.

So what's all the hand-wringing about whether you got a good deal? You did, it's more than worth $200, now go and enjoy it.

As far as the stickers go' date=' well that CE sticker shows up on all sorts of things, so I'm thinking it has something to do with Customs and Excise?? Feel free to correct me as I truly do not know for sure. [/quote']

I believe CE stickers are applied to electronic equipment to indicate it meets certain requirements, much like the UL stickers here in the States.

I believe CE stickers are applied to electronic equipment to indicate it meets certain requirements' date=' much like the UL stickers here in the States.[/quote']

Thank you, jerrymac! I knew they were on other things, and I used a best guess.

Oh, and God, icantbyafender is right, you can't change the name once you named her. It's bad karma! Betsy is a solid name. You can use Abbey on the next one!

Enjoying her?!?

As I read the rsponses, I didn't see anyone correct the serial number.

It is "I96xxxx" which would make it a June 1999 from Saein, Korea.

If someone already stated this, sorry I need glasses.

As for the price, here in the Valley of the Sun, they sell from about $250 to $350 depending on condition.

HNGD and enjoy

PS: That is very nice looking finish, much better than the clown burst they have today.

Why thank you B4L, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me about me guitarin', and THAT is what keeps me doing the crazy, raw, 1 take stuff I do, although I would like to attempt a more polished, less primitive recording along the lines of "Dead Of Night"...I actually had a game plan going into that one. I've been corresponding with w1av via email, and he's telling me there's a place up in East Greenwich R.I. has one of those "open mic" nights every Tuesday, and I'd love to do it tonight, just have prior commitments...I'm JONESIN' to jam with others, this solo things great, and all, but I need some inter-action with something other than a machine, I feel as though I'm beginning to stagnate, which isn't a good thing.

But again, Thanks! I am truly humbled...seriously.

• 10 years later...
  • 10 months later...

I have a Les Paul Custom made in the USA. I bought this probably about 1977 or 78. I have played it for several years it is the heavier model before they started hollowing them out.

I liked the weight back then but not now. If you want to see it I will take a pic. it is black with intergray sunburst.

• 6 months later...

eBay & Reverb.com have Sales history of all the Guitars that sold... Look up a model. Like yours & it will give you Sold Prices based on condition etc. Take an Average & that’s what it’s probably worth....

• 2 years later...