Gibson Brands Forums

Birthday is coming up

Svet

Brianh, I am getting more and more interested in the recording end of things.

What is in the picture? Is that a multi-channel mixer/burner?

How much does it cost? What brand is it?

Will you give it to me for my birthday?? [biggrin]

Brianh' date=' I am getting more and more interested in the recording end of things.

What is in the picture? Is that a multi-channel mixer/burner?

How much does it cost? What brand is it?

Will you give it to me for my birthday?? [biggrin

It's a Tascam 2488 neo.

Yes, it has 8 mic/line inputs + stereo line, 24 EQable channels and 250 virtual tracks, a built-in CD recorder and USB interface to a computer should you decide to use Cakewalk or something more intuitive than the onboard interface.

MF/GC sell them for $799, but if you wait for one of their 20%-off sales you can get it for $640. B&H Photo sells them for $660 every day . You'll also need the $35 tutorial video .

Uh, no.

Well OK maybe, what are you getting me for Christmas?

and I'm going to be 34 on the 15th! So what new toy do I want' date=' cough er, need? You all know what I have so what do you think I am missing, besides talent and skills!?!?[/quote']

Gotta have one of these to tote around in your vehicle for

impromptu jammin'...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MS2-Mini-Amp?sku=482812

266789.jpg

and I'm going to be 34 on the 15th! So what new toy do I want' date=' cough er, need? You all know what I have so what do you think I am missing, besides talent and skills!?!?[/quote']

Telling you what new guitar to get is like telling Hugh Hefner who he should date next. [biggrin]

It's interesting (to me, anyway)...I turned 60, the first part of the month, and it was nice

NOT to feel like I had to "buy" something, for a change...that probably, I wouldn't use, that much(?).

I have plenty of guitars, amps, and the constant quest, for newer, better, more, more,

and more, finally just felt/feels...well, ridiculous. It's almost feels like acquisition, for acguisition's sake,

anymore. But...that's just "Me!"

At your (still) young age, you may still feel the need for more "toys?!" You mentioned (jokingly, no doubt)

a "lack of talent?" Well...Get yourself an instructor, and/or others of equal to (hopefully) greater ability/chops,

that are willing to share, and play "out" as much as you can, with those folks. Kind of a "birthday" resolution,

so to speak. ;>) It's always a LOT more satisfying (to me), to learn something really great/fun, and

share it, than buy a new "toy," just to sock it away, after a short while. Another alternative, is workshops,

in exotic places, so as to combine travel, and guitar playing.

Besides, you have such a phenomenal collection, already, Svet...I'd be hard pressed to suggest

anything else, you might "need?" LOL!

But...regardless..."Happy Birthday!!" Have a great one, whatever you decide!

Cheers,

CB

CB's suggestion about lessons or a workshop is good (and even Zen-like, with his absence of want), but HE should talk with all those fine axes of his, LOL.

Give yourself a nice, Gibson J45 True Vintage Red Spruce, to compliment your Martin acoustics.

Red 333

happy birthday all!

@brianh

i have a tascam dp01, these type are cool but you can't do plug ins, arrg!

@animalfarm

i just got one for £5 off ebay as it had the "marshall" logo and battery cover missing. it's got a good tone but you have to turn it right up to get good gain. despite it all 1 watt is pretty loud.

here you go. possibly the cheapest tube amp out there, £66! i want a head that will go with the pa cab i picked up for £20. which is huge and blue. (as big as a washing machine!)

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_ga5h.htm

i also want one of these:

http://www.imuso.co.uk/Electric-Guitars/7254-/Vintage-Advance-AV6P-LB-Electric-Guitar-Laguna-Blue

Archived