Gibson Brands Forums

Suggestions on Wah Wah Pedals

Bangbang

Not much of a wha guy, or have a need to use one that often rather, but +1 on the McCoy. Although mine needs a new pot so went back to my Crybaby and damn if it don't sound good too. FWIW...my Crybaby is pretty old. Don't know how the new ones sound like if any difference at all.

338347.jpg

The Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon is the best I have ever used. I have used an Original Crybaby, and a Morley and this one is MUCH better. Why? Because it can do so much more than most all Wahs. And it's built to take any punishment you can dish out.

Check it out, read some reviews, see what you think.

I love mine!

Really depends on what sound you want, and how much you want to spend.

The Teese RMC3 wah is great and very configurable range.

The Jimi Hendrix Crybaby always gets very high marks in reviews, esp for its range.

The Morely Bad Horsey Wah has a great range as well. Has a very wide range too.

Those are the 3 that I would start with. Haven't heard the Weeping Demon that someone else suggested though.

Also check out the Boss Wah modeller thingy. PW-10 V-Wah. I believe it can emulate the range of the Bad Horsey and maybe some others too.

here ya go, I found this the other day its made by OUTLAW supply, they mod pedals and make them and stuff....... heres there site that has the pedal kit

http://www.pureanalogeffects.com/

the deal is you send they guy your wah or an old broken one, or just the outer shell, and u can have it built the way you want or with everything the guy has to offer looks prettttttty sweet heres a vid check this thing out the possibilities are endless!!!!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWHRvVZYps4[/YOUTUBE]

Really depends on what sound you want' date=' and how much you want to spend.

The Teese RMC3 wah is great and very configurable range.

The Jimi Hendrix Crybaby always gets very high marks in reviews, esp for its range.

The Morely Bad Horsey Wah has a great range as well. Has a very wide range too.

Those are the 3 that I would start with. Haven't heard the Weeping Demon that someone else suggested though.

Also check out the Boss Wah modeller thingy. PW-10 V-Wah. I believe it can emulate the range of the Bad Horsey and maybe some others too.[/quote']

What Brain 21 said, Go to your local guitar shop and try them all out and see what fits your style and preferences it's almost like asking who has the best guitar. Hvae fun and try em all!!!

I've had 2 new Dunlop Crybaby in last 4 years, both knackered within 6 months. If you want late 60s classic rock wah and money is no object, google Area 51 wah. I've had Dunlop, Vox, Zoom and Boss, Area 51 basic model beats em all.

Second best was the Boss modelling wah; very realistic crybaby and Morley pre-sets, plus others, and built-in optional distortion and univibe. Has true bypass and silent switching. I just found the switching too complicated for gigging, but it would be great for home use / recording.

Archived